[NL2-NL10] NL2 - FR - ace quad

• cpers
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      4 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.05) A, A, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.17) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.17.

How do you get more value with this hand?
      I'd like to have at least another bet.

• 6 replies
    • Indahaus
      Definitely raise preflop!
      As played it depends how aggressive is he. But without any information I think it would be better to check the turn to induce one more bet, because he is very unlikely to have anything he can call with. And if he does have a hand with some showdown value and checks the turn, you can still bet the river.
    • keoghh
      Definitely raise preflop! Then i dont see why you shud donk out on the turn, think you clearly have the nuts and so why not check again to induce the bluff, and although nobody had initiative preflop, he took initative on the flop, so may well bet again on the turn and river, then i think if he bets again on turn and river, then you can check/raise river.
    • fractalsonfire
      Yeah you really need to raise pre flop here. Trust me its not nice when you get sucked out on some shit just cause you checked/called. I've sucked out some AAs cause they're too arrogant to raise preflop. I definitely love to punish poorly played AAs, really pisses me off when they don't play them right.
    • veriz
      Hello cpers,

Preflop: Lets start? Super-Easy raise. :) No way I am going to Check it.

As played
      Postflop: Bet the flop and so on, start building up the pot. :) He ain't gonna pay you anyways if he doesn't have a hand.

Best regards.
    • cpers
      Guys thanks for the input =)

Yeah I know I should've raise preflop. It's been carved into my head thanks to veriz. But well shit happens I ran out of time.

I guess as played I should've check the turn. It's really is a poor played quad. X(

I know you'd say that, He ain't gonna pay you anyways if he doesn't have a hand. :f_biggrin: I got broke twice with this kind of hand when having a set. And during that play I keep trying to convince myself that he's bluffing. I guess you're right I should've bet myself, somebody might think I'm bluffing.
    • veriz
      Most likely was bluffing. :P If he had a hand then he would definitely Call there.