MarcPS: New Business Unit Manager for English

• MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi All,

I wanted to introduce myself properly today as I've officially come on board into the English Community team as a Business Unit Manager.

First, I'll give you some cliffs about me:

• Marc, 25, from Newcastle, England (English by birth, Geordie by the grace of God)
      • Since November 2010 I've been a Customer Service Manager for PokerStrategy.com. You might have seen me around the forums, mainly commenting in blogs and answering Customer Service queries.
      • Been playing poker for 7 years or so, mainly HUSNGs, then for the last 6 months I've been playing almost exclusively mixed games.
      • Academically, I studied law and vocationally I’ve been in Customer Service and Fraud Prevention in the e-gaming industry for 5 years or so, being an Operations Manager for approx 4 years.

English Business Unit Manager? What on earth does that mean?

Basically we’re changing our course a little as an English community in order to become bigger, better, stronger and faster. In the end, our goal will be to become the most awesome place on the internet to learn about poker, discuss poker and popularise poker. We still have our mission, but now we're giving the team more firepower to achieve that.

That’s basically my job – to oversee all that we do, make sure that we have the best product we can and really drive the community forward. I obviously can’t do that alone which is why I’m delighted to have IngridN and all the wonderful moderators in the team, as well as having the fantastic support of the Community. You willingness to support us through thick and thin and giving us the feedback we need to improve will be essential as we move forward.

I'm ridiculously passionate about the potential of this community, so are the team and I know you guys are too. We're really set up to win!

If you had one wish, what would it be?

If you had one wish to make the English Community more awesome, what would it be? I can't promise that I can make it all happen, but I can certainly listen and try my best.

Feel free to contact me anytime, my virtual door is always open:

email: marc.mulhern@pokerstrategy.com

Of course, if you have any questions at all, serious or silly, please post in the thread and I'll be happy to answer them.

Let's doooooooo thisssssss!

Best,

Marc
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
  • 7 replies