MP: $10.10
      CO: $12.14
      Hero (BTN): $10.00
      SB: $15.37
      BB: $11.62
      UTG: $10.15

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with J :heart: J :spade:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 3 :heart: 6 :spade: 2 :heart: (2 players)
      MP bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54

Turn: ($1.83) A :heart: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.30, MP raises to $3.60, Hero folds

Opponent seemed like a regular. His stats were 19/17, with af: 3.5.
      I though that he should barrel all of his descent hands in this situation, except maybe nut flush.
      Do you think it is better to check back this turn or bet it and what are the reasons?
  • 3 replies
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      I'm struggle with this kind of hand.
      May I ask you?
      1. Didn't you consider 3bet preflop?
      2. What's your idea with your turn bet? I mean, the turn is a scary card for us and I think I'll prefer to go to showdonw cheaply. Beside, we have 4th card to flush.
      3. How about raise the flop bet?
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by patszerdonk
      I'm struggle with this kind of hand.
      May I ask you?
      1. Didn't you consider 3bet preflop?
      2. What's your idea with your turn bet? I mean, the turn is a scary card for us and I think I'll prefer to go to showdonw cheaply. Beside, we have 4th card to flush.
      3. How about raise the flop bet?
      Thank you for your questions.

1. I do 3bet in these spots sometimes, it's one of the things that I mix up, because I think there are pros and cons for both. I think if he is a good regular then he is most likely to 4bet or fold, so this way I basically turn my hand into a bluff. Also by flatting I keep his range wider.
      2. Because I think that he would bet all of his stronger holdings, so I just wanted to protect from hands like KQ or 44, 55 that got a gutshot now. Basically I just wanted to take the pot right away.
      3. Didn't considered it tbh, but yes I think this is doable. Although it would suck if he 3bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Indahaus,

Do you think you can make him fold better hands? How many Ax hands does he have in his range? Do you expect him to 2nd barrel with them or rather Check/Call or even Check/Raise with AX. So there are just various plays we could consider having here. With different answers we could play it differently.

Since I don't expect him to fold that many better hands here anyways while he may easily even have the for a FD so therefore I might even just Check it behind and not turn my hand into bluff.

Best regards.