This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 10/10 set on the flop

• fractalsonfire
      fractalsonfire
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $19.13
      BU:
      $13.49

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, BU raises to $1.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.95.

Flop: ($2.85) T:club: , 9:diamond: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.5, Hero raises to $5.00, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.85

So was i right to check raise him here? I was taking quite a few suck outs on the night so i really wanted to protect it instead of getting screwed over.
  • 4 replies
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Think you played it fine yh.
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fractalsonfire

So was i right to check raise him here? I was taking quite a few suck outs on the night so i really wanted to protect it instead of getting screwed over.
      Wrong mindset :s_biggrin:

Check raise is fine imo, but I don't like calling a 3bet oop
    • fractalsonfire
      fractalsonfire
      Bronze
      Wrong mindset sure but when it happens 2 - 3 times in relatively quick succession, it really gets to you.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fractalsonfire,

Guess you can't really do much. The question rather would be if he is going to continue here with overpairs? Your line is definitely very strong and I might just donk myself on such a flop while I expect very often to continue him here with his overpair if we donk. Or either way Check/Call the flop and donk the turn.

But overall nice hand!

Best regards.