[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Fr - Kk

• zolaman
      Any advice? Did I play this hand correctly here (preflop, bet sizing, etc...)?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.12, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.52) Q, 9, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.37, MP2 calls $0.37.

Turn: ($1.26) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, MP2 calls $1.20.

River: ($3.66) 9 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $2.19, MP2 calls $2.19.

Final Pot: $8.04.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello zolaman,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Way too small raise. While even being OOP I'd raise ~$0,48 so 4x his raise. Min-raising just gives him great odds to Call with any2.
      Postflop: But overall the question on river is that what kind of hands are going to pay us. So mostly only Qx hands. Do we want to pick the thin value? Or rather want to skip it and just Check it and take a free showdown? It's really up to the opponent I'd decide what I am going to take. If it's rather against unknown then I'd even consider skipping the thin value since I don't expect him to bet anyways with a lot worse hands.

Best regards.
    • zolaman
      Wow, I didn't realize I min-raised. I normally do raise 3-4x. My finger must've slipped.

Thanks for the evaluation :)