thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I heart Tony G!
      +1 <3 lol
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      OMG, I always loved Tony G, but this time, it was just sad. Entertaining, yes, but really really loooooooow...
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Welcome to The Game, Phil! :D
    • mightyTooGood
      mightyTooGood
      Bronze
      Love TonyG show :D He 4 sure crushed Hellmuths ass. I dunno why but Hellmuth against him is so weak, he play hes hands so strange, i guess Hellmuth thinks Tony is always bluffing. Its sad to dont see Hellmuth rebuy, i wanted more tony and hellmuth show :/
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Negreanu's soooooo goood with his reads
    • Suijj
      Suijj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mightyTooGood
      Love TonyG show :D He 4 sure crushed Hellmuths ass. I dunno why but Hellmuth against him is so weak, he play hes hands so strange, i guess Hellmuth thinks Tony is always bluffing. Its sad to dont see Hellmuth rebuy, i wanted more tony and hellmuth show :/
      Hellmuth just wants to beat G so badly.. because of this he doesn't play his hands like he should against the G.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Im really wondering if there's gonna be the same talk about Negreanu's lie to Tilly as about G's lie to Hellmuth.
    • mightyTooGood
      mightyTooGood
      Bronze
      Tilly sometimes is so weak, that hand against daniel. :/
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Im really wondering if there's gonna be the same talk about Negreanu's lie to Tilly as about G's lie to Hellmuth.
      Well they r completly different imo. lieing about your hand strength is perfectly fine but lying about whether u have looked at your cards is not
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      Well they r completly different imo. lieing about your hand strength is perfectly fine but lying about whether u have looked at your cards is not
      but why? what is the difference? is it because people expect you to lie about your hand strength?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Its the same. When Tony G said that he hasnt looked at his cards hes basicly saying "I can have anything" and so Phil pushes with AJo. Negreanu on the other hand said "i have a straight" and Jen folded her straight. Both lies caused loss of money and the hands.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Lying about your hand strength is almost standard. I wouldn't even call it lying, it's just making the other think. It's psychological - which is expected and accepted in poker. But lying about whether you've looked at the cards, that's just low. That's not strategy, that's a cheap shot. Almost cheating.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Default expectation should be that everyone will look own cards before making any action, which happen ~99.99% of time. So why would anyone base future actions on possibility that opponent has not looked his cards without being sure of it by his own eyes. Does not make a lot of sense to me. Especially when player like Tony G is confirming he has not looked his cards in spot where 3betting loose would be burning of money. Phil is practically committed to pot.

Not that different from lying of hand strength. False info as well. E.g. lets take different scenario. Live game where player in BB is sitting out currently. Player in CO decides to steal with 100% range and does not look his hand. Now when other two players act BB will come back to table. He asks from CO: Have you looked your hand? Should he answer thruthfully that he is just stealing with any2... Would this be any different from opponent that does not follow what happens on the table?
    • clsrtotilt
      clsrtotilt
      Bronze
      wow, the loose cannon was super bad. and he said he wants to become pro.. damn, hope he will just move to bahamas and open another cafe, better money investment for the guy
    • TheKudy
      TheKudy
      Black
      +1
      I like Tony G, but I think this time he went too far... that was just low from him
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      Lying about your hand strength is almost standard. I wouldn't even call it lying, it's just making the other think. It's psychological - which is expected and accepted in poker. But lying about whether you've looked at the cards, that's just low. That's not strategy, that's a cheap shot. Almost cheating.
      I totally disagree about it been almost cheating. At best low etiquette but that's as far as it goes. I personally don't see the difference between that and lying about your cards. Just because you are expected to lie about your cards? come on. And again it is not like the 2 players don't know each others. It's not like PH could not see that coming.

IMO Tony G is great at tilting PH and here is just another example of it.