So thats it! Back to the begining!

• 15 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi ReaZoN999,

Sorry to see you back to Bronze, hopefully it won't be too long before you're back up to Gold and beyond.

Obviously we don't currently know what will happen regarding Full Tilt, but will of course announce any news as soon as it happens in the News & Forum pages.

You will continue to earn Strategy Points on all of your tracked accounts and of course any new platforms you decide to sign up to via the PokerStrategy.com links & bonus codes.
      There are some great promotions ongoing across many different platforms.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart
    • biogas
      biogas
      Gold
      Originally posted by ReaZoN999
      Back to bronze! Wohoo thanks to my Pokerstars account not being tracked!

So there is no other way to watch gold+ videos without playing on a shitty software right?
      +1

I think the best way is to create a second stars account via Pstrategy, transfer the BR and keep grinding.
      Other rooms are just hopeless, despite the promotions.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by biogas

So there is no other way to watch gold+ videos without playing on a shitty software right?
      +1

I think the best way is to create a second stars account via Pstrategy, transfer the BR and keep grinding.

That's also a good way for them to close both your accounts and confiscates your funds. Multiple accounts are considered as fraud as there is the possibility to use them for collusion.

Regards

Thazar
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze

+1

Ye and get both accounts banned, thats good.

But make the account on some relatives name
    • biogas
      biogas
      Gold
      Luckily for me my stars account does not have any personal data entered, nor any payment processor attached, as I used it for play money and freerolls. So the only problem is, if it is possible to change my screen name here on psrtategy in personal details (dont even know why I've entered it).
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Luckily for me my stars account does not have any personal data entered, nor any payment processor attached, as I used it for play money and freerolls. So the only problem is, if it is possible to change my screen name here on psrtategy in personal details (dont even know why I've entered it).
      If you send a ticket to our Customer Service team, explaining what change you need done and why you need this change made, as detailed as possible with explanation here, they will be able to look into it.

Regards,
      Richard
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze

back to bronze too..

i also have a PS account.. haven't tried to deposit on it yet.. just played play money on it.. but I think I used my real name to register it..

you think if I could change that one's details and create a new account? PS won't be able to know it?
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      They tend to be quite efficient at finding out, to be honest.

Regards,
      Richard
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I think it is a real shame that poker sites dont allow you to swap your affiliation with other sites. It would save a lot of these kinds of problems.
      One of the problems is that when new players first sign up to a poker site they dont really know any different and its only after learning more about the game that we find sites like ps.

Roo
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      I guess there is no legitimate way to get Stars tagged to PokerStrategy for those of us that have played cash games there? It would be nice to be diamond on here, but I don't get enough volume on my tagged sites. Much of my volume is on Stars, and I need to get volume in there or I lose Supernova.

As somebody else said, its unfair because I didn't have a clue about poker when I first signed up for Stars. I'm not sure why some random company should be filling their boots from my rake just because I happened to follow a link from them to PokerStars when I first signed up. :(
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RedHeater

As somebody else said, its unfair because I didn't have a clue about poker when I first signed up for Stars. I'm not sure why some random company should be filling their boots from my rake just because I happened to follow a link from them to PokerStars when I first signed up. :(
      However that's how advertising works. Form PokerStars point of view they have an affiliate rewards if one refers them players. From the referer; They fulfilled their end of the deal why should they stop getting their reward, whatever the player or PokerStars think. A contract has been made between the referer and PokerStars and they have to honor it.

For players that did not follow an affiliate, PokerStars spends a lot of money on direct advertising and if someone joins directly that's for them their direct advertising paying off. Why should they pay an affiliate on the top of it?

btw what is valid for Pokerstars in this case is hte same for all poker rooms

Regards

Thazar
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      I was just wondering...

Is it safe if my "girlfriend" opens an account on pokerstars using Pokerstrategy referal, deposit 600$ to take the maximum out of the First Deposit Bonus and play the exact same games/style I play?

Just asking...
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi ReaZoN999,

There is no way around the retracking of accounts and I mean that in every sense and by all possible means. It's really as simple as that. PokerStrategy.com cannot condone any breaking of any poker room's condition of service (Terms & Conditions).

If your girlfriend genuinely plays poker and wanted her own account that she would solely use herself then that's fine of course.

I would however urge extreme caution at any other variation on this that may or may not have been implied in your post.
      All poker rooms constantly monitor their players accounts and a number of different factors can lead to accounts being investigated and ultimately closed, funds withheld, life time bans etc as a worse case scenario.

PokerStars are imo a great platform with hugely enjoyable poker and something that I'm grateful to have access to, tracked or otherwise (non-tracked in my own case). I'd hate to think that any of our members would miss out on that.

I don't think that I need to expand any further on that do I?

Best regards,

Bart
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hi ReaZoN999,

There is no way around the retracking of accounts and I mean that in every sense and by all possible means. It's really as simple as that. PokerStrategy.com cannot condone any breaking of any poker room's condition of service (Terms & Conditions).

If your girlfriend genuinely plays poker and wanted her own account that she would solely use herself then that's fine of course.

I would however urge extreme caution at any other variation on this that may or may not have been implied in your post.
      All poker rooms constantly monitor their players accounts and a number of different factors can lead to accounts being investigated and ultimately closed, funds withheld, life time bans etc as a worse case scenario.

PokerStars are imo a great platform with hugely enjoyable poker and something that I'm grateful to have access to, tracked or otherwise (non-tracked in my own case). I'd hate to think that any of our members would miss out on that.

I don't think that I need to expand any further on that do I?

Best regards,

Bart
      Exactly what I wanted to hear :)

Thanks alot. I'll keep playing there legitimatly and be waiting for FTP to come back :)
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      Well, we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. ;)

On the PokerStars direct advertising part - they get plenty of profit whether or not the user goes through an affiliate or directly to them. Their direct advertising is aimed at getting people to play on the site, its not just aimed at getting people to them without passing through an affiliate. Interestingly, I saw a long advert on UK TV over the weekend for a 3rd party site that was clearly sending people to pokerstrategy (they didn't call it that, but you could see that was what it was from the screenshots in the background).

The situation as to the Stars affiliate is as you state. I disagree with you if you are saying this is the only way it could possibly be. In a democracy we get to choose the laws and certainly in the UK we have a legal culture of being fair to the consumer. I don't feel this situation is fair. Lets say the affiliate can get the first $1000 of what they have got through me. I could accept this, and they would still get more than enough return on my mouse click from their page to PokerStars. The business arrangement still stands, everyone is a winner, but the consumer is treated more fairly than at present. I recommend listening to some of what Sir Tim Berners-Lee has to say about the commercial side of his baby the WWW by the way.

As a consumer, if we just accept things as they are, without ever questioning, we are going to get taken advantage of.