[NL2-NL10] nl2 sh qj blinds

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      villain 15/10.

Didn't see much fold equity so didn't bet flop; majority of hands he's called in bb with he'll call or float with.

wanted to check turn in case he was on some lower pp and felt he could bluff catch the river.

Ok play, but then just fold to the river raise, since I think i'm beat here?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($2.62)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($2.12)
      CO ($2.59)
      BTN ($0.40)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.16) 8:diamond: 2:club: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10

TURN ($0.36) 8:diamond: 2:club: 6:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero checks, BB checks

RIVER ($0.36) 8:diamond: 2:club: 6:diamond: Q:heart: 2:spade:

Hero bets $0.24, BB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.36
  • 3 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      double sorry
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      villain 15/10.

Didn't see much fold equity so didn't bet flop; majority of hands he's called in bb with he'll call or float with.

Eh, you bet the flop ;) .
      This is perfectly fine btw, his stats make it likely that his callingrange is somewhat weighted towards high cards so he misses the board quite a lot.
      If you suspect he's floating - 2nd barrel.

wanted to check turn in case he was on some lower pp and felt he could bluff catch the river.
      Bet turn! You want to be able to 2ndbarrel this card as a bluff, so checking when you actually hit it is disastrous for your range - it makes you imbalanced in a very obvious way.
      Also vs the PPs and draws you miss out on a lot of value by checking.

Since everything busts and he reps a supernarrow valuerange (while having a lot of busted draws) I bet/call, too, especially given the odds he gives us.

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bierbaer
      Eh, you bet the flop ;) .
      This is perfectly fine btw, his stats make it likely that his callingrange is somewhat weighted towards high cards so he misses the board quite a lot.
      If you suspect he's floating - 2nd barrel.

Oops! But ok that makes sense, will keep that in mind :)

Bet turn! You want to be able to 2ndbarrel this card as a bluff, so checking when you actually hit it is disastrous for your range - it makes you imbalanced in a very obvious way.
      Also vs the PPs and draws you miss out on a lot of value by checking.

Well that definitely makes sense. Didn't really think about it like that, so thanks :)

Since everything busts and he reps a supernarrow valuerange (while having a lot of busted draws) I bet/call, too, especially given the odds he gives us.

Oki thanks :)