[NL2-NL10] nl5 sh aj

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Villain 47/16/2.4 agg over 48 hands. wtsd 29%, w$sd 50%

Should I second barrel turn, or check it like I did?

And I was planning on block bet/folding river, but would it be best to just c/f because not getting any worse hands to call the river, and he might play a K this passive?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.19)
      BB ($4.18)
      UTG ($3.22)
      Hero ($5.23)
      BTN ($1.93)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:spade:

UTG calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.82) K:heart: 9:spade: J:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.54, BTN calls $0.54, UTG folds

TURN ($1.90) K:heart: 9:spade: J:diamond: 7:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($1.90) K:heart: 9:spade: J:diamond: 7:club: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $0.45, BTN folds

Hero shows A:diamond: J:spade:

Hero wins $1.81
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Actually there is still a lot hands which may call you which the opponents seems to be somewhat station. Starting from any kind of GS type of hands, weaker pairs and we don't want to turn our hand into bluff-catcher then I'd even consider 2nd barreling for free showdown and value from worse/draws.

But as played nothing much to add. Could actually block-bet a bit bigger maybe ~$0,70. Such a small one might induce him to raise and try to bluff.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Actually there is still a lot hands which may call you which the opponents seems to be somewhat station. Starting from any kind of GS type of hands, weaker pairs and we don't want to turn our hand into bluff-catcher then I'd even consider 2nd barreling for free showdown and value from worse/draws.

Think I've got a problem atm of betting turn and checking the turn for what in my head seemed kind of logical, but i'm actually doing it for the wrong reasons. Gotta work on that :)