[NL2-NL10] nl5 sh kq

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Villain is 33/19/2.0 agg over 76 hands. wtsd 10%, w$sd 100%. fold to 3bet 0%, 2 times. as pfr cbet 100%

Should I have 2nd barreled? As played, can't really call the river?

Or: Because I checked turn I think it looks like I c-bet with air, and so he could do this with a few holdings?

But I was a bit scared of AQ.

Think bad play in general

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.21)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($5.56)
      Hero ($5.25)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: Q:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.07) Q:club: 6:heart: T:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.71, UTG calls $0.71

TURN ($2.49) Q:club: 6:heart: T:heart: 3:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.49) Q:club: 6:heart: T:heart: 3:diamond: T:spade:

UTG bets $1.50, Hero folds

UTG wins $2.37
  • 3 replies
    • giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      Because you checked the turn, it probably looks like you're drawing to something, or missed the flop completely with AK or something like that.

Pot control vs 2nd barrel. If you do choose pot control then I think you have to call a small bet like that on the river.

The wtsd/w$sd seems to indicate he'd only bet with a hand but out of such a small sample that doesn't mean too much.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

As you went for 3bet in this kind of spot then you should as well go for 2nd barrel there to protect your hand vs any kind of draws and get yourself a free showdown rather than Check behind.

With Check behind your idea is to induce him to bet with missed draws and which could be very likely even the case that you folded the best hand.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Thought I messed this one up :) Annoying as soon as the hand is over and I analyse it I realise I played it badly ^^

Thanks!