[NL2-NL10] nl5 sh aq blinds

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Villain is 28/25, but 3bets 11% over 82 hands, 40% of steals against his blind he 3bets, that's why i called.

Not sure if I tilted here, but I just felt on this flop he will fold a lot of his holdings, lower pps, ax, 9x

Should I fold thought pf with AQ even against such an aggro 3 better? To avoid spots like this where he shoves over the top

Cheers!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.57)
      BB ($5.91)
      UTG ($3.85)
      UTG+1 ($5.65)
      CO ($4)
      Hero ($7.25)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BB raises to $0.55, Hero calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.12) J:spade: 9:heart: 7:spade:

BB bets $0.65, Hero raises to $2.80, BB folds

Hero shows Q:spade: A:diamond:

Hero wins $2.31
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

If you are calling with such hands then you definitely have to take stabs on the opponents. And those kind of boards are very good to take.

By that I mean why? As you see yourself the opponents CBet is just way too weak which indicates weakness. If he really had a strong made hand then would be CBet 1/2? He would rather CBet near pot try to protect his hand. So nothing spewy here.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Ah, that's good to know then :) Thanks!
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Just wondering, is it an option to 4 bet here with the intention of going broke? 10% 3 bet is pretty big? Or is the sample size too small?

Thanks, Swanny36
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Personally I find 82 hands too small unless I actually see a hand he has 3bet go to showdown, if it really was that loose im happy to 4bet. Do be aware his 4bet calling range is probably much tighter than his 3bet%, so if he calls or shoves id imagine your flipping at best.

Just what I think.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hmm, although I think he 3bets light, I think his 4 bet calling range/5bet shoving will be mucchhh tighter. I also don't think he's a bad player, just aggressive on his blinds and 3betting, so I wouldn't feel comfortable going broke against him with AQo :) I think you could 4bet here though but fold he 5 bet, but I just preferred to call and see postflop :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by swanny36
      Hey guys,

Just wondering, is it an option to 4 bet here with the intention of going broke? 10% 3 bet is pretty big? Or is the sample size too small?

Thanks, Swanny36
      Unfortunately nope. While we only have 82 hands on him there is no point. We practically just isolate ourselves against better hands. Most likely his continue range will be rather tighter.