[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Sh Qq

• staktas
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.16, MP2 calls $0.14, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.36) J:heart: , 4:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.86) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.6, MP2 calls $0.60.

River: ($2.06) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, MP2 raises to $1.03 (All-In), Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $2.86

Preflop i was OOP, and there were many limpers so i raised big. On the flop, i have an overpair so i cbet. I don't have much of a sample of MP2, so i can't really know his range. But he limp/called, so probably some kind of pocket pair, suited connector or broadway.

On the turn i improve to trips but Qs also completes a flush draw. I bet for value and for protection from 1 card flush.

On the river comes worst card ever. It's 4th spade, and ace also completes possible straight draw. I placed a block bet and MP2 pushed AI. I can't see any worse hand that would do that. Any two pairs, or sets would just call. So i fold, even if i need only 15% equity...
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello staktas,

I am not a big fan of block-betting the river. The problem is that I don't see worse hands calling that easily and either he wont bet with a lot worse hands. So rather just Check/Fold it and don't donate any more money into the pot.

Best regards.