Isildur1

Bronze
      It's only now that I have discovered that Isildur1 made 1.5M in less than 2 weeks with a 2K bankroll even without having read any books or participating in any forums, and I just have to ask – how is that even possible? Even someone who has been playing professionally for a long time and generally is an extremely good player could never have done that.

Having discovered this has really damaged my self-confidence.
  • 10 replies
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      he was using a very aggressive bankroll managment for sure and if you compine this with a lot of luck and skill here you go :)
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      It's only now that I have discovered that Isildur1 made 1.5M in less than 2 weeks with a 2K bankroll even without having read any books or participating in any forums, and I just have to ask – how is that even possible? Even someone who has been playing professionally for a long time and generally is an extremely good player could never have done that.

Having discovered this has really damaged my self-confidence.
      Why would that damage your self confidence??? Your success should not be measured at the expense of others' failures..

Obviously Isildur1 had experience to achieve such a feat. More impressive is Boku87 who is able to turn $5 into as many thousands as he wishes, consistently. Boku himself had said that after so many games, everything becomes second nature. So, apparently, experience is key.
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I am sure that over the years there have been millions of players who have tried do the same as Isildur and guess that the majority are unsuccessful and lose everything.

However the maths of it all means that a few will end up winning millions.
    • Kstas
      Kstas
      Bronze
      I think that he had both the skills and luck on his side assuming that everything else was just fine
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JimC6
      I am sure that over the years there have been millions of players who have tried do the same as Isildur and guess that the majority are unsuccessful and lose everything.

I learned this in the book "Fooled By Randomness". I guess you did as well? Because that's almost exactly what he says :D Yeah, it's the same theory as why there are a bunch of traders who have absolutely no skill but end up rich, and then lose it all because of their lack of skill. Although Isildur1 obviously also had the skills to go with it :)
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Would be good if somone actually asked him what bankrollmanagement he used. ie 5BI, 10BI?
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Would be good if somone actually asked him what bankrollmanagement he used. ie 5BI, 10BI?
      He was taking shots with 4 BI-ins on upper limits +2 as his normal BR would allow him.

So example he had 2500$ for nl100 he would play with 2 BI-s nl400 win there enough BI-s for the BI above.
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers

I learned this in the book "Fooled By Randomness". I guess you did as well? Because that's almost exactly what he says :D Yeah, it's the same theory as why there are a bunch of traders who have absolutely no skill but end up rich, and then lose it all because of their lack of skill. Although Isildur1 obviously also had the skills to go with it :)
      Nah I havn't read that book, sounds interesting though.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      It was years ago when everyone were learning from experience and not that much from poker schools. Then he was lucky, and put 12-15 hours a day only playing. Ofcourse he has talent. Ofcourse after getting out of ipoker and coming to FTP, he said that it was hard to adjust to games as everyone were solid, but he did that, and beat durrr. Ofcourse then he went to PLO and you just can't learn that game playing only highstakes without any training and so on, and he got busted. Then he built his bankroll few times again, but ofcourse busted again. Though not everyone can build that multiple times. And now he plays on Pokerstars, and it is not really easy for him, is it? Well, he doesn't need money, he just wants to beat everyone.

Challenge, he can crush PLO HU but he keeps playing PLO SH where he is down like 1M$ when on PLO HU he is up more than 1M$
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers

Nah I havn't read that book, sounds interesting though.
      Yeah it is, I suggest you read it :D Really good read.