This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2NL - AQo 2pair

• esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $2.00
      SB:
      $2.43
      BB:
      $1.92
      MP1:
      $2.23
      MP2:
      $1.42
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $2.03

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 raises to $0.08, CO folds, Hero calls $0.08, 3 folds, 2 folds, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.21) A, Q, 5 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.51) K (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.38, [COLOR=red]Hero ????

Villain was playing at 9/3/inf over about 50 hands, so quite a tight preflop raiser. On the flop I felt I should just call his cbet for deception value, as I believed he would be willing to fire another barrel with a hand such as AK/JJ/KK. When the turn is the king am I beat here? A lot of the hands that I would be happy to put in his range are destroying me (AA-QQ, AK). Is it possible to find a call or raise here?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello esuohdla,

The problem is that his PFR is just so smallish which tells that his range is really towards to a very strong hand. I don't just see what hands we beat, maybe only few combos and to avoid making such hero Calls I'd rather be inclined to fold it on turn.

Best regards.