NL100sh: ... drawy board

• swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      I was going to do this as a normal hand evaluation thingy, but I think it's more interesting when you don't see the hands. What do I have, what does villain have? What's the best line for both?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      BB:
      $128.02
      Hero:
      $105.65

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with <let's hide this to make it more interesting>
      Hero raises to $4.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $4.00, BU calls $4.00, SB folds, BB calls $3.00.

Flop: ($16.50) J:diamond: , 5:spade: , 8:spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $10, CO folds, BU raises to $20.00, BB folds, Hero calls $10.00.

Turn: ($56.50) 9:spade: [COLOR=blue](2 players)
      Hero bets $81.65 (All-In), BU calls $81.65.

River: ($219.80) K:club:

Final Pot: $219.80

btw, should this go in cashgames discussion? Sorry if I posted at the wrong place
  • 8 replies
    • LickyRude
      LickyRude
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by swissmoumout
      I was going to do this as a normal hand evaluation thingy, but I think it's more interesting when you don't see the hands. What do I have, what does villain have? What's the best line for both?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
      BB:
      $128.02
      Hero:
      $105.65

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with <let's hide this to make it more interesting>
      Hero raises to $4.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $4.00, BU calls $4.00, SB folds, BB calls $3.00.

Flop: ($16.50) J:diamond: , 5:spade: , 8:spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $10, CO folds, BU raises to $20.00, BB folds, Hero calls $10.00.

Turn: ($56.50) 9:spade: [COLOR=blue](2 players)
      Hero bets $81.65 (All-In), BU calls $81.65.

River: ($219.80) K:club:

Final Pot: $219.80

btw, should this go in cashgames discussion? Sorry if I posted at the wrong place[/quote]Ok, considering your all in on the turn i think you have the flush. You push on the turn as you are afraid he will check behind. You might have AKs.

He could have a wide range of hands. Perhaps he min raised the flop with a Jack, and turned 2 pair - unlikely. I think he could have had a straight or flush draw. Considering the fact you posted the hand, he might have had both draws.

You - AKs
      Him - 67s
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      close and... nowhere near :D He never (rarely?) min-raises a jack. Keep trying ^^
    • carebax
      carebax
      Bronze
      A :spade: Q :spade: and 5 :club: 5 :heart: , what do i win?
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      you don't win. I don't think you could've been closer though.

Note that villain played terrible, no matter what hand he had. To all pokerplayers: don't miniraise, it's baaaaaad.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by carebax
      A :spade: Q :spade: and 5 :club: 5 :heart: , what do i win?
      well it was 88 but close enough. you win... the right to evaluate the hand.
      Others too btw. Merits of open-pushing vs betting 2/3 pot?
    • carebax
      carebax
      Bronze
      I like a donkpush vs bad players (he obv. is with his minraise on the flop) because they usually put you on a bluff or something or top pair and think you don't want to go to showdown. BUT, you know he's strong (minraises usually mean 2 pair or set with bad players) so you will have to find the strength to c/f if a Q or A comes up imo, or atleast hope to get a _cheap_ showdown.
      Oh yeah if u bet 2/3e pot he just flatcalls prolly and sees river "cheaper", but you'll prolly get his money anyhow then if a non :spade: comes up. You might get fucked with the board pairing though (and 30BB left in a 160BB pot...).

However, against a good player I don't know whether u maximize value this way (on the other hand, a good player probably raises flop $10 more) so pot is $20 bigger and you have $10 less left.
      -> How would u react if you flop set and river brings 3rd flushcard and someone bets psb all-in after b/c flop...
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      -> How would u react if you flop set and river brings 3rd flushcard and someone bets psb all-in after b/c flop...

easy call imo.

There are ten outs to the FH or quads if he has a flush, and sometimes they don't have a flush, so you have plenty of equity to make that call.
    • carebax
      carebax
      Bronze
      I know, I also never find a fold there cause of the amount of hands I still beat and the suckout value. :P Just stating thought process of a 'good' player (well actually in this case it isnt even a hard call for me because of the money invested + possible scarecard-bluff-floats).

So basically, seeing flopaction (with the retarded minraise etc) I think a donkbet is fine because you will VERY often get called by set/2pair/(lower flush obv). Maybe not how u should play it but u maximized you're value so dnno. :) I'd play it 100% the same imo (especially if villain is passive).