• tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Play NL the pots will be bigger
    • TheKudy
      TheKudy
      Black
      Bronze
      Toby stop berating this thread. first of all FL is not dead. yes nl is bigger but FL is soooooo lucrative you have no idea.

TheKudy - go go crush them gl
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Silver
      I'm not sure whether its 8 of spades 9 of spades villain has, or Ace of spades Queen of spades. Maybe he would cap the AQ preflop I don't know.

Either way, I think he should be raising the flop! I suppose with 89 of spades its excusable not to do so, after all the non-spade queen is hardly a solid out.

Oh, and you put in a little too much action on the river, unless you have a solid read that he spews with less than the nuts. Don't forget there is KK as well (if he would play it like that preflop/flop).
    • TheKudy
      TheKudy
      Black
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Silver
      Fair enough - the read changes everything! I have met players I can take to value town with top pair on a drawy board before now. Send him to my tables!
    • sigauli
      sigauli
      Bronze
      Nicely played hand with this read. Vs unknown river would be reraise/call

* Cap is real spew vs unknown, have in mind we are talking about very narrow ranges on the river and you need 66% Equity to make every raise/call (obviously only 50% when capping), but still you don't have it vs unknown 3bet.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      FL is dead
      Sorry guys but,

+1 :D
    • TheKudy
      TheKudy
      Black
    • GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      Lol owned :s_cool:
    • TheKudy
      TheKudy
      Black
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Silver
      I like the cap pre, for the reasons you give. Also like the flop cap.

The turn - it all depends on what you think he can raise. A fold is out of the question, you are being laid - what, 17 to 1? - and have more than enough outs to a full house. It all depends what he will raise the flop (and then the turn) with - would he raise with a flush draw? I'm tempted to 3 bet, we have another guy padding the pot (possibly with one high card heart) and we are ahead of a picked up flush draw, top pair, two pair and 66. Its really a case of what we think he can raise with on that turn.

When they raise the turn and just check the river its often a 'free showdown raise' (FSDR). He has more incentive to play this way when there is another guy acting after him, who might fold.

FSDR - one idea is that raising the turn and checking back the river costs the same as calling the turn and calling the river, but has the advantage that the other guy could fold at once to the turn raise. Its not that well respected/ particularly fashionable at higher stakes these days. A disadvantage of the strategy is that you can't save a bet on the end by folding when the river card comes bad.
    • TheKudy
      TheKudy
      Black
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Silver
      Yeah I have talked to Boomer quite a bit about strat. He has an uncanny knack of getting to the essence of a hand imo. I definitely recommend his vids.

The HUD vid should be interesting - he is often critical of people with over-elaborate HUDs so it would be amusing if his turned out to take up most of the screen like the ones he slags off. :D
    • TheKudy
      TheKudy
      Black
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheKudy
      How would you play this hand? BB is a very solid reg, BU is an epic fish (mostly passive, playing almost all hands, but capable of weird bluffs). Please think of the hand before seeing results and my commentary.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.5/$1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      MP2 calls, 2 folds, BU calls, Hero raises, BB 3-Bets, MP2 calls, BU calls, Hero caps, BB calls, MP2 calls, BU calls.

Flop: (16 SB) K, 2, 7 (4 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, MP2 calls, BU calls, Hero 3-Bets, BB caps, MP2 folds, BU calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15 BB) 4 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, BU calls, Hero calls.

River: (18 BB) 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, BU raises, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB.

I think I like donkbetting the turn, only KK beats you but he has more combos of AK in his range. He has some flushdraws such as AhQh in his range and you don't want to let him check back. Also if you get raised, you lose less and it could still be AK or AA. As played the river sucks alot but I think you have to call, especially with the read that the fish is capable of making weird bluffs. You get 1:10 and the TAG could even just call KK because he's afraid of the flush. It's better to make a small mistake by calling with a worse hand if you're not sure what the ranges are than to make a big mistake by folding the best hand in a 20 BB pot.
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hey man,

in which city do you study? :f_biggrin:
      gl with FL :f_biggrin: