quitting online poker

• ferotaraba
      ferotaraba
      Bronze
      it was nice being, learning and chatting here, but i feel like online poker is just not the right thing for me.....

its just like i either get a bad beat or a suckout..... a one big session full of suckouts..

either i lose all in preflop to some retard in cash game with AA vs Q2o (both players 100BB) him making a straight, 5 high, or i run into aces when im holding kings like 80% of the time....

its just not possible....

i mean, if ur holding KK you are the nuts, even in full ring right? not really probable that somoene has aces,,
      so why do i run into aces 80% of the time and if i dont, some QQ or AK sucks out on me..

todays session was the greatest of all...

lost 5 BIs in 40 minutes.

1) KK - ran to AA
      2) AA - ran to KK and lost
      3) holding 88 flop comes 389 of course dude had 99
      4) lose with a nutflush (total nuts, board wasnt paired and only thing that had me beat was stupid 7h5h) to a straightflush - ofc he called a raise out of position with 75s....
      5) holding QJ, flop comes JJQ, i check, someone raises i call. turn - A, i check, he raises i go all in..... he shows JA... i know it wasnt bad play by him, but how big the hell is the chance of him holding a last jack, with ace and hitting that stupid ace on the river?

too much, i know this is game of percentages, but it seems to me that if i have 80% chance of winning a hand, i win like 30% of the time....

either they suck out on me, or i lose 90% of the time to someone who has the ONLY SINGLE hand that has me beat....

goodbye folks
  • 11 replies
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Was playing a satellite the other day.... i counted every time two people went all in on the flop. It happened 14 times. 12 times the guy who was ahead on the flop lost by the river. Holdem sucks, may as well play roulette and bet on thirds :tongue:
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear it Ferotabara.

But if you don't enjoy the game anymore, it's probably a good idea to take a break at the very least.

Hopefully some day you'll be back, and you'll remember about our lovely community!

Regards,
      Richard
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Hey ferotaraba

We all go through times like this trust me its completely normal maybe you could try reading some of our psychology articles ( found here ) to help you deal with the bad beats and realise that as long as you keep getting the money in as a strong faveourite you will win in the long run however much it doesnt seem it at the minute.

Also you can do things like a stop loss limit say if you lose 3 BIs stop play for the day or the session at least to help prevent tilting

It would be a shame to lose a member of the community but obviously we respect your decision whatever you choose

Good luck whichever way you go next,
      Carl
    • spacedraptor
      spacedraptor
      Bronze
      It's not you mate or your poker skills at fault.

I'm a bookie by trade, i see in the odds, that it's stacked against the player. Lets take a specfic E.G. pokerstars fifty/50 sit & go. for a $1 + .10 buy in 5th place you win roughly £1.50 so this is .40 profit this is a 1/4 odds on bet. if you saw a horse running at them odds you would give it a wide birth because in the long run you will lose if you bet every 1/4 in the long run FACT.

the question you have to ask yourself is if this is truely player against player why do Odds On bets exisit at all on this site. if the site only makes a rake. it makes you think dosn't it.

my advice if you truely enjoy playing poker & want to try a few hands online for experiance play on Zyanga poker on Facebook i know it's not for money but they have no axe to grind. you can buy chips from them but they also give you the abillity to earn them also.

take the wonderful advice from this site & warm support from your fellow poker players & put it to good use on that site. you make no money but you don't lose any either. if you put your patient playing to good use in there sit & go's you will start winning some & earning trophies. which will make you feel much better about your playing. after that organise some home games with friends play with them & learn.

if you want to play online try the british bookmakers online like William Hill or Ladbrokes they don't hit you with penalities for taking your money off the site & they are safe to bet with. also Devilfish.com has a 1 table S&G that is winner takes all which consitutes as a 10/1 bet so in the long run if your poker is good enough & can win maybe 2 out of 10 you will make money at it.

opinions on the Internet are like assholes (everybody has one) so there will be plenty of people ready to rubbish what i am saying. i am a gambling professional & have been so for the last 10 years. if i didn't know what i was talking about my company would have sacked me years ago.

be lucky at the tables
      Spaced

hpoe this helps
    • A1Flop893
      A1Flop893
      Bronze
      All I have got to say is, WELL Said SpacedRaptor
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Hey ferotaraba

We all go through times like this trust me its completely normal maybe you could try reading some of our psychology articles ( found here ) to help you deal with the bad beats and realise that as long as you keep getting the money in as a strong faveourite you will win in the long run however much it doesnt seem it at the minute.

Also you can do things like a stop loss limit say if you lose 3 BIs stop play for the day or the session at least to help prevent tilting

It would be a shame to lose a member of the community but obviously we respect your decision whatever you choose

Good luck whichever way you go next,
      Carl
      +1

Someday's, everything can get on top of us. Bad results, when not expected can take their toll. Best thing to do is to relax, take stock and then decide. Remember, we are all human, all humans make mistakes!

It's easy to make a decision very quickly, but in the long run you might think back and say "Why didn't I wait another minute or 5?"

Take a step back, have a think and if it's not for you, then it's not. You have the ability to do well, we all do. It just takes alot of hard work to get there and most of us aren't willing to put that extra work in.

You can improve, you can win!

You just need some time to reflect, before you can move forward.

Best wishes,

Gary
    • m4nclad
      m4nclad
      Bronze
      Originally posted by spacedraptor
      It's not you mate or your poker skills at fault.

I'm a bookie by trade, i see in the odds, that it's stacked against the player. Lets take a specfic E.G. pokerstars fifty/50 sit & go. for a $1 + .10 buy in 5th place you win roughly £1.50 so this is .40 profit this is a 1/4 odds on bet. if you saw a horse running at them odds you would give it a wide birth because in the long run you will lose if you bet every 1/4 in the long run FACT.

the question you have to ask yourself is if this is truely player against player why do Odds On bets exisit at all on this site. if the site only makes a rake. it makes you think dosn't it.

my advice if you truely enjoy playing poker & want to try a few hands online for experiance play on Zyanga poker on Facebook i know it's not for money but they have no axe to grind. you can buy chips from them but they also give you the abillity to earn them also.

take the wonderful advice from this site & warm support from your fellow poker players & put it to good use on that site. you make no money but you don't lose any either. if you put your patient playing to good use in there sit & go's you will start winning some & earning trophies. which will make you feel much better about your playing. after that organise some home games with friends play with them & learn.

if you want to play online try the british bookmakers online like William Hill or Ladbrokes they don't hit you with penalities for taking your money off the site & they are safe to bet with. also Devilfish.com has a 1 table S&G that is winner takes all which consitutes as a 10/1 bet so in the long run if your poker is good enough & can win maybe 2 out of 10 you will make money at it.

opinions on the Internet are like assholes (everybody has one) so there will be plenty of people ready to rubbish what i am saying. i am a gambling professional & have been so for the last 10 years. if i didn't know what i was talking about my company would have sacked me years ago.

be lucky at the tables
      Spaced

hpoe this helps
      +2

AGREE WELL SAID MAN

ferotaraba hope you don't hang your cards up for good? Maybe a break will do your game a world of good... as previous posters have said you may just be going througth a massive bad beat patch! CHIN UP
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      I fully understand the feeling, and I can say that I have respect for everyone who can quit before losing even more if he sees he isn't up to level (or have no luck what so ever).

I was down from 70e to 15e today, was already going to withdraw those last euros, but decided to give it a shot, and well, succeeded, got very lucky in few SnG's and ring games and now, 6 hours later, I'm up to 100euros.

I know I'm better than mediocre player and if I don't do stupid, I should just go up, but maybe I'm just too addicted to quit :)

Anyways, best of luck outside of poker. :)
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lGotYourOuts
      I fully understand the feeling, and I can say that I have respect for everyone who can quit before losing even more if he sees he isn't up to level (or have no luck what so ever).

I was down from 70e to 15e today, was already going to withdraw those last euros, but decided to give it a shot, and well, succeeded, got very lucky in few SnG's and ring games and now, 6 hours later, I'm up to 100euros.

I know I'm better than mediocre player and if I don't do stupid, I should just go up, but maybe I'm just too addicted to quit :)

Some people are just not for poker.. specially online poker.

Also on which site can you withdraw 15€?
    • Scarmaker
      Scarmaker
      Bronze
      Lol are these posts for real?
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zhusy
      Originally posted by lGotYourOuts

Some people are just not for poker.. specially online poker.

Also on which site can you withdraw 15€?
      PokerStars, you can cashout with minimum 10$ via direct bank.