This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL20, JJ facing AI 4bet.

• SnoWonder
      SnoWonder
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $35.07
      BB:
      $8.53
      MP1:
      $8.6
      MP2:
      $22.11
      MP3:
      $20.3
      CO:
      $7.52
      Hero:
      $7.31

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , J:club:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.60, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.80, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $8.40, Hero calls $7.31 (All-In).

Flop: ($16.01) K:diamond: , Q:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      Turn: ($16.01) T:heart:
      River: ($16.01) K:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $16.01

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Ad Ks)
      Hero shows (Jd Jc)

MP3 wins with three-of-a-kind, kings (Ad Ks)

Hi, I'm new to MSS (former BSS play with low win rate).

3-betting here was an easy decision, but I was left wondering how to react to my opponent's all-in 4-bet.

Looking at his stats I calculated that I hadthe pot odds I needed to call against his range so I called. Was I right to?
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey SnoWonder,

Welcome to SSS/MSS forum!

According to the articles you have a 3-bet/fold with JJ vs middle position openraisers. I also believe that would be correct play in your case.

If you calculate your needed equity you'll see you need 38.9% equity including rake and after you put in equilator your hand vs his range you see you have only 36.6% equity against AK/JJ+ and I don't think his shoving range will be any looser in this case.

Best regards,
      burek2000