$10.35
      MP3:
      $39.32
      CO:
      $11.66
      BU:
      $24.43

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , 5:club:
      5 folds, SB raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $2.00, SB raises to $5.20 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7.20

I decided to go for 3-bet bluff here. I had the A blocker and villain had a wide PFR range and it looked like he was attempting a steal. Obviously I had to fold his 4bet.
  • 3 replies
    • vuckom1
      vuckom1
      Bronze
      Coach,

I know that calling with MSS is generally a bad idea but do you like to call from SB/BB with KTs-KQs, KQo, QTs-QJs, JTs, A2-A5s(?) if a stealer has high ATS and low FT3B and FTCB? These hands have good postflop playability.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey SnoWonder,

Any particular reason to bluff 3-b this villain? Does he steal a lot or fold to resteals/3-bets a lot?

I don't like the bluff 3-bet here because your stack is rather small(26bbs) and villain openraises a lot for a steal(3.5bb) which makes a bluff 3-bet too big to be profitable and if you 3-bet you commit yourself as you only need 32.4% equity to call his push. Against AT+/77+ you already have it, not to mention his range will likely be even looser.

So, if you want to play back at villain here then resteal shove for max fold equity and even if you get called A5s is ok equity wise. Or safely fold and wait for a better spot.

Originally posted by vuckom1
      Coach,

I know that calling with MSS is generally a bad idea but do you like to call from SB/BB with KTs-KQs, KQo, QTs-QJs, JTs, A2-A5s(?) if a stealer has high ATS and low FT3B and FTCB? These hands have good postflop playability.
      It depends. How high exactly is villain's ATS? If it's really high and his fold to resteal too low then you can 3-bet broadways for value against him. If his ATS is more like 20 then cold calling broadways might be better and try to outplay him postflop, however I wouldn't advise that untill you have gained at least some postflop experience. Furthermore I would highly advise against calling A2-A5s because those hands are dominated a lot when you hit top pair and can lead you into lots of trouble. A2-A5s is better for bluff 3-bets when steal size and stack size allows it and of course if villain folds to resteals.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      3bet fold is very bad imo, and you leave tourself 60% of stack when you fold and you are tagged then :f_o: