New Poker Career

• Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      MY NEW POKER CAREER - First Day 18/02/08

Hi,

First i'll introduce my self, I'm Naturally2Bad, i'm 22 from the midlands in wet rainy england. At this paticular point in time it is very wet and rainy and VERY COLD!!!!

I first started playing poker for play money in May 2007 on VC, pokerstars and full tilt. i deposited 10 dollars on star around october 07 which lasted bout a month, same again next month and again month later at full tilt(100 that time).

i came across pokerstrategy.com only last week, while skiving at work surfing the internet when i should of been working, since i lost money i wanted to find a site or teacher or just information to help with my game. finding pokerstrategy.com was just what i was looking for.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the people behind this website, the offers that you give people are second to none.

Right on to my performance, i completed the basic information and pasted the quiz(first time i thank you) on saturday evening, found the capital had gone through by monday night(tonight) so i sat down at a NL10 table with the 2 dollars. one hour fourty five minutes later i leave up by 50cents after a 60c rebuy. not bad happy but finding it very long winded without reward. i then did unfortually the common thing i do i have noticed, is try again but got bored quicker and blew the 2 dollars after complete disregarding the SSS(Idiot). i reread the strategy and then found the video section and watch a NL10 SSS video which the guy was playing SIX tables. that in its self is brillant but it made me think that contrating on 2 tables or maybe 3 table would help me keep focused as well as increase my experience.

Bottom line is i enjoyed my first SSS section and learning more about the game, which i did so tomorrow as i'm not out so, i'll sit down at 2 tables and maybe some music and concrentrate and try to stay disiplined.

Thank for reading

Laterz Naturally2Bad

Please Excuse My English Skills They ARE TERRIBLE!
  • 31 replies
    • Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      Hi & welcome

For SSS you dont need to concentrate on tables or the players, its a kind of strategy where you just do what you should do in certain position with certain cards... and thats it...

I think that playin SSS on less then 6 tables could be counter productive, since you ll become boring and with time couldnt resist to play some hands you shouldnt. (you play with less then 10% of starting hands in SSS)

Just try to open 2 tables, follow SSS chart 100% ( later you can adjust some moves, but for the start - chart = law) and with time just add tables... one by one, you ll see how much you could handle...

GL

(I also dont use english as my first language, but i think we are both far then terrible so relax :) )
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi Naturally2Bad,

Welcome to pokerstrategy. Just like Bojan mentioned, stick 100% to the starting chart and you'll be able to move up the limits in a decent amount of time. The better u stick to it, the better the results in the beginning. So keep reading those articles, watching the videos and don't forget to watch some of the live coachings since they'll help you to improve your game! Keep us informed.

Good luck!
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      thanks for your replys guy

i'll stick at it try more table as i progress

unfortually English is my first language, a combination of laziness and not really listening at school, but i'm not going to let that effect my poker!!!

Cheers

Naturally2Bad
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      Hi,

second day, started today by reading your replies to yesterday blog, again i thank you.

I thought i'd try 2 tables but while playing 2 tables, i thought i'll add another and another and another ended with six, followed the strategy not only easy but i enjoyed it more and now i'm up by a buyin @ NL10.

I'll finished off my session by rereaded the strategy, i wanna know it inside out so i can apply it in the correct manner, might watch a video as well. ahwell we'll see.

Not sure if i'll get to play tomorrow, may be out with friends but i'll blog after the next session.

Cheers

Naturally2Bad
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      is this the makings of the first good british player? ;)

gl with your goals :D !
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Always good to see fresh meat enter the fray =)

There are plenty of fish to go around for all of us :D
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Good luck with your games , enjoy the read and good to see some more of us Brits on here
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      MAJOR FISH

Played like a complete donkey today, useless.

lost a couple of hands to better hands but when back to play what i thought and not what the SSS said. IDIOT!!!!!

up by a good 3 buyin NL10 after 2 hours, after 2 and half hours down by 2 buyins

Thanks for your replys

Rethink, reread and contrentrate more is needed

Cheers

Naturally2Bad
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      is this the makings of the first good british player? ;)

I hope you mean the first good British player at No Limit!

Naturally2Bad, the reason you get bored is because you're playing the most unexciting form of poker known to man. Play some Fixed Limit, much more action. :D

Anyway, good luck and remember to stick to the SSS.
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      hey,

Not getting so bored anymore, listening to music when i play and playing 6 tables is keeping me on my toes,

I really enjoyed playing again today, I think I shouldn't have played yesterday as had some agro earlier in the day and this I think effected my desisions but never mind.

Today played for an hour and half and managed to get back to even, so its all good, next step PROFIT!!!!!

thanks again for your commments,

no play tomorrow, going out with friends, next time probably saturday night or saturday

Cheers

Naturally2Bad
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      hey,

didn't play yesterday, went to hooters in nottingham. class resturant, good food, good beer oh and the waitress are wearing very tight low cut t shirts and hotpants. GENIUS!!!!

birmingham today, took my mate to a recruitment day to be a travel rep so i hung around in birmingham for a couple of hours waiting. got lost on the way only to realise i wasn't lost just needed to turn left. never been to brum but enjoyed it nice place, the city around the mailbox area very nice. like to live there but @ 900 quid per month of one bedroom i don't think so, maybe my poker will pay for it one day dunno

i'm rewriting this after a hour long session, what a session up by near 10 buyins, great session rebought couple of times but hey. all but one situations where coin flips.

Made a bet with AK on the flop with nothing at against three player.

this properly be my first session today may have another go later, my back killing from driving to birmingham can't sit for too long.

laterz speak to ya later maybe

Cheers

Naturally2bad
    • blazerkid57
      blazerkid57
      Global
      your blogs are very exciting!!! im excited to see you work your way up the ladder! Just stick to your gut, and stick to what needs to be done. And one bit of advice....never try to chase lost money. It's gone and accept that its a lose. Oh and another bit of advise don't play at levels you are not ready for...i have done it in the past and it has killed me!

good luck to you! hope your poker playing goes well!
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      hey,

woke up this morning feeling good, thought i'll play some tables increase my bankroll some more.

OH HOW WRONG WAS I!!!!!

i play with 6 tables and started reasonable then just got beat after beat after beat. ended my first session of the day in the red overall.

hopefully second session will be a little better for me i'll let you know how i get on.

cheers

Naturally2Bad
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      hey,

well complete oppisite of early, everything apart from a few minor incidents when my way now i'm sitting with healthy bankroll up by 20% so that kool.

no hint of the bad luck from early, but thats poker!!!!

properly speak to ya all tomorrow take care

cheers

Naturally2Bad
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Naturally2Bad,

Good to hear that the variance was kinder to you during the second part of your session :)

Best of luck for your future sessions and I look forward to seeing you move upwards in the limits!

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi Naturally2Bad,

Good to hear your finding your way into the pokerworld. Keep going and improving your game and you'll be able to move up quiet fast!

Good luck!
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      Hey,

As my finish poker week ended yesterday, it ended well making 20% profit which i'm happy with. i'd be happy with anything but a loss really.

tonight, start of week 2, i didn't feel like playing cash so i chilled for couple of hours played call to duty 4 on PS3, surffed the net, read the story about the EPT final table in Copenhagen. what bunch of muppets!!!! that danish bloke what a T**T, no disrespect to any danish people i mean none but to act like that is out of order. WASTER!!!!

That american dude was just as bad, what is it with some american players don't get there own way and act like 4 year olds, who he thinks he is Phil Hellmuth. don't even get me started on that bloke. He got to be the oldest child alive!!!!

Rant over, tonight i read the SnG strategy and played a $3 SnG @ party, felt good, cards when my way and i took down first place for $12 so bankroll looking even healthier.

well time to get some shut eye early into work tomorrow regional bosses coming, got to do more work for no reward,

ROLL ON PROFESSIONAL POKER CAREER!!!!!!

Cheers

Naturally2Bad
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      hey,

right, not blogged for couple of days, had no luck at NL @ all after my last blog so i thought i'd try fixed limit, started well but thats has just gone to pot. not feeling poker @ the minute.

played @ a friend home game last night, pleased with that. got knocked out i had king flush but he had the ace high.

fixed limit, tonight play a couple of tables see how we go.

Cheers

Naturally2Bad
    • Naturally2Bad
      Naturally2Bad
      Bronze
      hey,

didn't play limit decide SSS nl was what i felt like and it work back in profit again, not where i want to be but better than no profit.

gonna try be harder at fixed limit, i like playing fixed but something just wasn't going right.

ah well mate round tonight, no play today

Cheers

Naturally2Bad