PT3 and HM same computer

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have PT3 installed for a while and now I need to use HM as well.

I installed HM but it does not connect to postgreSQL - even though of course PT3 does.

I've checked HM site and there is a shady long path of almost formatting computer (uninstalling and reinstalling everything) but it points out to two or three different FAQs on how to do the process but then the FAQs are not available.

So I can't figure out how to work it.

PLUS I have no idea how do the software work "together", as in, how can I have the same hands on both etc.

I don't know, it might seem simple but I'm very confuse and frustrated. Anyone out there has both installed on the same machine and would like to exchange some thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      You need to copy the database connection data from your pokertracker installation into the HM database management. After successful connection create a new database for Holdemmanager.

You can only have one program running and importing hands for the hud while you are playing. To get the hands into the other program you need to use a manual import from the archive folder of the other program.
      For HM all auto-imported hands go to c:\hmarchive.
      I think PT3 uses a processed folder in its installation folder.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot!

Messing with these database stuff is a nightmare :f_o:
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      You just need to understand the basic idea:
      one database server (postgresql service ) => many databases :D
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      I do believe you can add the Archive folders from each program to each others auto import.