Can't install PartyPoker

• lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      Hello, I've recently downloaded PartyPoker and tried to install it without any success. It gets stuck at 0% and doesn't go anywhere after that.

I tried to restart my computer, I tried to delete cookies/history etc., run it on safe mode, yet same thing happens. I also have my firewall turned off. I've read all the articles around here but it doesn't seem to help.

Because someone will surely ask this, I'll answer in advance - I use Windows XP.

Thank you a lot and hope that I can join the game soon!
  • 43 replies
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Hiya I gotyourouts (nice name)

Is there any error messages, have you had this problem installing any other programs?

Hope i can help but im no professional

Best regards
      matt
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there,

First of all, please make sure you uninstall any software or delete anything that has something to do with PartyPoker on your computer. To double check if you have downloaded or saved some PartyPoker folders on your computer please follow the steps below:

• Click 'Start', point to 'Settings', click on 'Control Panel', and then double-click on the 'Add/Remove Programs'. Open 'My Computer' and browse to 'C:/Program files/', then delete 'PartyGaming' folder (default location is C:/Program files/PartyGaming unless you changed the installation folder the last when you installed).

After that, I would ask you to delete all 'Temporary Files' and 'Cookies' on your computer and clear 'History' in the 'Internet Explorer'. In order to do that, please follow the steps below:

1. Close all programs and open Internet Explorer.
      2. Click on Tools on the menu bar.
      3. Click on Internet Options.
      4. Under the General tab, there is a Browsing history section.
      5. Click on the Delete button staying for deleting Temporary Files, History, Cookies, Saved Passwords and Web Form Information.
      6. Another window will pop-up, where you have to click on the Delete all button at the bottom.
      7. Click on Yes to confirm. Close all the windows. Also close Internet Explorer.

After the above procedure, please perform a Disk Cleanup:

1. Close all the programs.
      2. Click on Start button and then on All Programs.
      3. Click on Accessories and Select System Tools.
      4. Click on Disk Cleanup. After the disk cleanup is done, you will be taken back to the desktop.

You will then need to restart your computer and follow the steps below to download the software:

1. Start your computer and as the computer is booting press and hold the 'F8' key.
      2. This should bring up a black screen named 'Windows Advanced Options Menu'.
      3. Use your arrow keys to navigate and select 'Safe Mode with Networking'
      4. Hit the 'Enter' key.
      5. Once your system loads go to the Internet and open http://www.pokerstrategy.com/party-poker/download/ ( Your desktop icons may be larger but this is expected behaviour )
      6. Once the lobby is installed, restart your system and login the standard way.
      7. You will have a PartyPoker icon on your desktop. Double clicking on it will launch the application.

I sincerely hope that the above procedures have helped in resolving your trouble. In case you need any further clarification or have other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Can you try please?
      Ingrid
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      That kinda beats my post, im sure Ingi will get you through it.

She rocks at all problems
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      Hello, Ingrid, thank you for your reply.

Is deleting EVERY single cookie/passwors and so on is really needed? This is main computer of family, so I can never be sure no one has any passwords saved they don't really remember at some sites.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lGotYourOuts

Is deleting EVERY single cookie/passwors and so on is really needed? This is main computer of family, so I can never be sure no one has any passwords saved they don't really remember at some sites.
      the passwords should not matter however cookies and cache might

regards

Thazar
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze

Just do it and say it was another family member hehehe :tongue: :tongue:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar

the passwords should not matter however cookies and cache might

regards

Thazar
      +1 :)
    • Krasi53
      Krasi53
      Bronze
      Although the steps provided by IngridN are quite good I don't think this will help. If the software gets stuck at 0% probably the firewall is blocking the ports of partypoker which are 2147 and 443 if I am not mistaken. So you have to unblock these steps from your personal firewall or from the windows firewall. If you can't do it on your own email info@partypoker.com and tell them your installation is stuck at 0 % ;)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Thanks Krasi :)
    • bastringue
      bastringue
      Basic
      I have the EXACT same problem.

I tried everything here and nothing worked.

I tried installing in safe mode.
      I deactivated Avast and Windows Firewall.
      I deleted each and every cookie, etc.

Nothing seems to work!

Still stuck at 0%!

Any idea?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bastringue
      I have the EXACT same problem.

I tried everything here and nothing worked.

I tried installing in safe mode.
      I deactivated Avast and Windows Firewall.
      I deleted each and every cookie, etc.

Nothing seems to work!

Still stuck at 0%!

Any idea?
      Hey bastringue,

Have you tried the mentioned suggestions above?
      The best would be if you could contact Party Poker customer support and let them know about this issue. I am sure they have a the perfect solution for this. Please post it here once you received a reply to help your fellow members as well. :heart:

Thanks a lot and have a nice Sunday
      Ingrid
    • parandabes
      parandabes
      Bronze
      I have the same problem, I tried all sollutions, and continue 0%

• ramjack
      ramjack
      Bronze
      even the browser based Intant Play client won't work on my laptop... although before everything was working fine.

any update on this issue?
    • fraserr1991
      fraserr1991
      Bronze
      im afraid im having the same problem...glad im not the only one, ive tried the above too.

i thought it was the port problem listed above but obviously not.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

I'm really sad to read about these installing issues and would love to help but I'm unable to this time. I don't know what else could be the issue.

Try to search on the net maybe someone posted the same problem or please contact Party Poker's customer support directly and they should insta help you out :)

And then off you go play :D

Ingrid
    • sarvam
      sarvam
      Bronze
      Greetings.

A member in Portuguese community reported this problem and I've solved.
      He find this threat by google.

Try this steps:
      --> run the installer and take note of the hour
      --> go to Start--> Run--> type services.msc--> OK
      --> on the new window, see if in Application or in System there is a event at the time that you've tried to install

The member error was like this

Event Type: Error
      Event Source: crypt32
      Event Category: None
      Event ID: 11
      Date: dddddd
      Time: tttttt
      User: N/A
      Computer: xxxxx
      Description:
      Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

If you have a error like the above, follow this steps:
      --> download this file http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab and unzip the file to the Desktop
      --> right click on the file authroot.stl and select Install CTL
      --> a new window will pop up
      --> click on Next--> select Automatically select the certificate store...--> Next--> Finish

If this CTL, or a newer CTL, has previously been imported, you'll get a dialog box asking if you want to replace the current CTL with this CTL.
      Unless you're absolutely sure that this is the current CTL, or you suspect the active CTL may be corrupted or incomplete, you should choose to NOT replace the current CTL.

Try now install Party Poker.

If you get a different error, you can put here his description by click on the and then making Ctrl + v here in the Forum.

I hope this solve the problem.
      Cheers.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      You're awesome sarvam! Thank you so much!
    • idiopatic
      idiopatic
      Bronze
      i reinstalled windows and then installed Party immediately. it works 100% :D
    • Kazuko
      Kazuko
      Basic
      Im having this same problem,

Im using windows 7 when I goto Services.msc I dont see anything but in truth im not sure where to look.

I installed the ctl file anyways but that didnt resolve my problem.

Sometimes when I run it I dont get the 0% window I get the following ina window called SmartInstaller :

Extracting BackGround.bmp
      Extracting ConfigParams.ini
      Extracting Language.ini
      Extracting Preloader.jpg
      Extracting SmartInstaller.exe
      Cannot create SmartInstaller.exe
      Extracting zlib.dll
      Cannot create zlib.dll

any help appreciated.

Regards