[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Overplayed QQ in marginal situation?

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Pretty much all action pre-flop.

Was happy to get it in with QQ against opponents in BB & Button, however I'm not sure if I played this optimally. Initial call was trappy, was playing around to see how differet strategies work.

Didn't like A on flop, but after villain checked back I wasn't convinced he could have an A so felt confident in betting turn.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.96
      BB:
      $0.91
      BU:
      $2.12

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.07, Hero calls $0.06, BB raises to $0.28, BU calls $0.21, Hero raises to $1.12, BB calls $0.63 (All-In), BU calls $0.84.

Flop: ($3.15) A:spade: , J:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($3.15) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero raises $1.84 (All-In), BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($3.15) T:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qd Qc)
      BB shows a pair of aces (Ah Kh)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Qd Qc)
      BB wins with a pair of aces (Ah Kh)
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Why didn't you 3bet in first place? Was the BB aggressive or what's the reason? I'd just 3bet and get it in.

But as played rather just shove directly than let few cents behind. If your raise is bigger than 1/2 of your stack then just get it in.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      From memory, BB was small-stacked & had been relatively aggressive. Wanted to give room for BB to shove over the top with marginal hands.

As played I believe that I didn't go all in as I'm new to this site, and couldn't manipulate the bet size to all-in easily. Ended just clicking pot as I was low on time!!