elephant on the table

• caledonia
      caledonia
      Bronze
      ok i'm going to sound like an idiot here but im finding it hard to understand how the elephant works????its not the graphs its when i'm at a table and theres figures on all the players...what do they mean ?( ,i've never used anything at the tables before and i cant find an explanation anywhere...any help would be appreciated,thanks in advance... :D :f_confused:
  • 5 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey if you click on HUD settings from the dropdown menu in the top left of the elephant a window will appear with a grid of 16 black boxes. the values within these boxes correspond to the different stats that you see on the table. so for example if the top left hand box says VPIP average, and when you look at one of the players on the table and the top left number reads 50, then that player has a VPIP of 50% and so on. you can adjust the HUD in the settings menu so that the data is personalised and so that it shows you the information that you think is most important. also, if you just want a simple HUD then check the beginner box. i hope this helps!
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hello caledonia :)

These are stats which are based on the actions players take.

Here are just a few which should hopefully help you to understand them. Dr Dunne has already pointed some things out (thanks for that!)

VPIP - Voluntary put $ into pot
      PFR - Preflopraise
      Hands - Number of Hands
      CBet - Continuation Bet

For example, VPIP basically means how many hands he's playing preflop. If it's 100%, villain has played every hand (and is fishy ;) )
      And from that you get PFR - if villain is 100% PFR he's raised every hand. If it's 100% VPIP and 50% PFR over 10 hands, that means villain has played all 10 hands, but only raised 5 of them, and called the other 5.

Your typical average player will be playing about 20-25 vpip, and 15-20 pfr, something around those values. They should help you to determine which players on the rocks on your table, who are the fish who are playing way too many hands.

If you want to get really technical, this link tells you exactly how each value is calculated, and gives examples in case you aren't sure.

But otherwise, feel free to ask any other ones you don't understand or aren't sure about, we're here to help!

Best regards,

Jim
    • caledonia
      caledonia
      Bronze
      thank you very much DrDunne and Jim4rdo,exactly what i needed... :D
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      You're welcome caledonia, any time :)
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988