Suckouts, and way below EV

• YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      so here i am, exploring cash games.

i'm playing NL 10SH. just started out 4 days ago and this 10k hands is from that 4 days only.

played exactly 3,000 hands today and that big gap between the red line and the green line happened today. 4 buy-ins below EV in 3k hands???!!! :f_confused:

just so many suckouts!!!!!.....

and check the biggest suckout of them all at the bottom!!

i know i definitely played my A-game though......... any advise?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $1.90
      MP3:
      $6.77
      CO (Hero):
      $11.94
      BU:
      $16.36
      SB:
      $2.50
      BB:
      $12.91

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.75) Q, T, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.30, Hero calls $0.80.

Turn: ($3.35) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.35) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $2.20, Hero raises to $6.00, BB raises to $11.26, Hero calls $4.29.

Final Pot: $24.9.
      Results follow:

Hero shows four of a kind, queens(Q Q).
      BB shows a royal flush(K J).

BB wins with a royal flush(K J).
  • 2 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi YingYangS,

I am by no means an expert and especially at SH, but it looks to me that you are playing well and just hitting a bad patch. It happens to us all from time to time and at the end of the day it can make us stronger if we can deal with it in the best possible way.

As you probably know yourself as an experienced member of this forum, that 3k, or even 10k hands is not a big enough sample to make any correct estimations about whether its just plain bad luck, or bad skill.

If you are happy that you have been playing your A game, then my only advice to you is;

Keep it up!

As long as your making the right plays and getting the money in good, you will definitely turn the tide and start turning a profit in the long run. The long run won't be 10k hands however, it may take 75-100k hands before you see it for yourself.

As for the hand you posted above, what else can I say but that's just nasty! I have been online poker for almost 6 years and I have only had 1 Royal Flush and seen about 2 more at the tables, so that is pretty damn unlucky.

All the best and hope I helped,

Gary
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      The QQ hand....I don't think that calling the flop is a smart play, theres ALOT of bad turn cards, that will kill action. Villan seems interested so you should be re-poping him to about $3.50 to $4.00. Other than that i think the hand was played fine.