This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 6Max .01/.02 facing turn lead

• MitNibbler
      MitNibbler
      Bronze
      Villain is 24/13 low Cbet, high agg on turns. only 83 hands

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $7.45
      Hero (BTN): $2.48
      SB: $2.97
      BB: $3.87
      UTG: $2.16

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with 8:heart: 9:heart:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.15) 7:diamond: 2:diamond: J:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.07, CO calls $0.07

Turn: ($0.29) 9:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.18,

I saw he was low Cbet, but thought I would take a stab anyways. Turn improves my hand, but then he leads the turn. Would it bet best to call this or fold it? Only note I had made on him, was 5 handed he raised A2s UTG.
  • 1 reply
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      I'm also definitely betting the flop to take it down., but I make it $0.12 because the times we have a stronger hand we'd bet bigger as well.

As played on the turn you can argue for all 3 options: raise, call and fold.
      Raise to get some thin value vs draws and potentially get him to fold smth like TT.
      Call because his line doesn't make a whole lot of sense so we want to bluffcatch.
      Fold because he c/c the flop so he's likely to have some SD-value and we're not doing particularly well vs a valuerange.

Personally I'd call the bet because I think he has some bluffs in his range so we probably have the equity to call.
      Also I want to find out how he plays so I rather take a showdown-bound line.