$1.57
      SB:
      $2.21
      BB:
      $1.40
      UTG1:
      $0.77

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, Q.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.06, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.24) K, Q, K (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.11, Hero calls $0.11, MP3 folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.46) J (2 players)
      BB bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22.

River: ($0.9) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.43, Hero calls $0.43.

Final Pot: $1.76.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens(A Q).
      BB shows a flush, king high(Q T).

BB wins with a flush, king high(Q T).

I didnt trust him because people do not play mostly trips on this limits when they first to act in a multiway pot. TY
  • 8 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I probably play that the same, maybe raising flop. I agree that he very rarely has Kx there after leading out and is more likely to have complete air, 77-TT or Qx, so you're almost always ahead there.

So you could put in the raise on the flop and get probably 99, TT and Qx to call, or you could play it like you played it, either way is fine imo.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      I think you should do protection bet at the flop.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      What would the bet achieve? Would it be for value? I think we can say it would be thin value, as he's calling with drawing hands, Qx and Kx, but he's folding all his bluffs, which we can gain extra value on by just flat calling.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Wriggers, are you replying to my post?
      Well anyway, to protect against flushdraw? Besides it's NL2 slowplay aren't a good idea. Have a hand like this where I got trips and got beat at the river by a fish who hit a fullhouse with their stupid pocket pairs.

Not sure though. You're platinum and I'm silver right? :f_biggrin:
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      I think I'll just fold on the flop because this is multiway pot and our pair Q is not good enouhg in such a wet board. But, yes it's a little weird (or tight?) to fold to such a tiny bet. Maybe we should consider raise on flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MoneyGirl2906,

There is nothing wrong in your play. Of course we could argue for raise to protect our hand but now again what's your plan if he 3bets you. Do you have a plan for that?

Overall I'd say nice hand for the given odds, nothing wrong. Myself I'd just raise bigger preflop ~$0,10.

Best regards.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cpers
      Wriggers, are you replying to my post?
      Well anyway, to protect against flushdraw? Besides it's NL2 slowplay aren't a good idea. Have a hand like this where I got trips and got beat at the river by a fish who hit a fullhouse with their stupid pocket pairs.

Not sure though. You're platinum and I'm silver right? :f_biggrin:
      Haha yes I was replying to your post. Protecting against a flush draw is acceptable, however the primary reason for a bet should never be protection. Your 2 main reasons for placing a bet should be for value, or as a bluff. Protection can come as a secondary result of betting, but should never be the primary reason for betting :) I agree that you shouldn't be slowplaying here, but with AQ I don't think this is a hand for slowplaying, it's a hand for just calling down here as raising will fold out a lot of his bluffs and leave a range that's geared more towards Kx :)
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Wow thanks a lot for the info there. I think I'm being too aggressive because not knowing when to protect my hand or not..so thanks a lot trully an eye opener for me.