888.com Experience

• blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I would like to know about your experience at this room. (likes,dislikes)

I also have couple of questions regarding this room before depositing.

1.) Game finder (NL100+ FR) - how many tables are usually up and filled up on (avg.)

2.) Are the tables tight or loose (if you got any avg. percentages)vpip 20%-40%, players per flop %...

3.) Is there alot of shortstack players ?

4.) Can you multi table like at party or titan poker ?

5.) Do they support PT and Acehud?

6.) Do they accept deposits and withdrawals with moneybookers?

7.) Is their bonus offer or rakeback value good and easy to clear at NL 100?

I am trying to get the following information so I can compare it with other sites and pick the best site for my next deposit from PS offer.
  • 5 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I can answer some from my own experience

1) Alot less than on "big" pokerrooms such as party or ipoker network
      2) ALOT loser & passive compared to other sites
      3) Yes
      4) Yes, but with the horrible software 888.com, it's pretty hard to play more than couple tables at the same time (imo)
      5) Yes
      6) Yes
      7) don't know

hope this helped ;) Personally I think the games themselves are very good at there, but I just heavily dislike(d) the software so I don't play there anymore.
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      Compared to other sites that i have played i dont really enjoy Pacific poker (888.com). My buddy plays there so i do for that reason but i much rather prefer pokerstars or titan. One thing that really annoys me with pacific is if you are in a tourney like a SnG and you get disconnected (which also seems to happen alot with pacific and if you are on vista you often have to log out and in to reconnect) unless you copied the the tourney # down you have to go through all the SnG before you can find the table you are at. Very frustrating at times.

You cant have more than five tables open at once (so MT is limited to five tables) and when you tile the tables they just shrink the GUI rather than changing it like on Titan or others so the graphics get all distorted and it makes it hard to read and make out.

You dont have a fish finder which is not really a problem since the site is swimming with them which is a good thing about pacific. Very loose tables at all limits (well not sure about NL200+ but all lower limits).

My ROI for the lower SnGs is pretty high since the lower (5+.5) are players that really dont know what they are doing and are really easy to push around i find. It seems that the players are not able to go from a tight game in the lower blinds to an aggressive game(all the aggressive people usually get put out early) as the blinds increase.

But i dont play many SnGs on other sites so that is just my take.

And sorry i dont have any stats on the site since i have yet to get PT or ACE.
    • DEVILazas
      DEVILazas
      Bronze
      Software is nightmare, a lot less players than in other poker sites.

Almost Impossible to clear the bonus in 30 days without playing on nl50 or even higher. Still trying to beat this with $500 bankroll on nl25/sngs. So deposit bigger bankroll to clear the bonus, unfortunately im unable to do this. Thanks god players are very loose there so atleast gaining good profit.
    • DEVILazas
      DEVILazas
      Bronze
      Ok because this thread is readed much and may affect potential joiners of 888 negatively i must correct my last post slightly.

Software still pain, cannot play more than six tables efectyvely. But at least i got point how people plays there. They play on small fast tables 100+ hands per hour 4-6 players mostly.

Need to adopt myself to this style, but atleast points needed to cleanup bonus started to grow.

I f You search for classical slow 10places tables for SSS or similar, this place is not for You.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DEVILazas
      Ok because this thread is readed much and may affect potential joiners of 888 negatively i must correct my last post slightly.

Software still pain, cannot play more than six tables efectyvely. But at least i got point how people plays there. They play on small fast tables 100+ hands per hour 4-6 players mostly.

Need to adopt myself to this style, but atleast points needed to cleanup bonus started to grow.

I f You search for classical slow 10places tables for SSS or similar, this place is not for You.
      yep, you are definitely correct, playing there for more then one week "full tables 10 - with SSS" on all limits from NL20-NL100 and FPP points just can not come...:( there are 2 -3 full tables max on certain limit...I think i wont be able to clear even my initial bonus...i think i ll do the same like you playing 6max tables and BSS strategy...but i am not so good with BSS...but we will see...DEVILazas, in what time were you able to clear your initial bonus playing 6max tables, limit? how many hands?....thanks