This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK, 3bet pot 3 way

• Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

BB: $10.00
      UTG: $16.96
      MP: $20.73
      Hero (CO): $17.19
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $9.45

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with K :diamond: A :heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.80, 1 fold, SB calls $0.75, 1 fold, MP calls $0.55

Flop: ($2.50) 4 :heart: A :spade: 5 :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP bets $1.39, Hero calls $1.39, SB folds

Turn: ($5.28) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.28) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $2.80, MP calls $2.80

Opponent was calling 3bets oop really loose, I saw him show up with J6s once.
      When he leads the flop I put him on an ace or a flush draw, but since I have A of hearts, I am less scared of the flush draw. I guess raising here would be a better option?
      On the turn I decided to check back because I have almost nothing to protect from, and if he has a flush now I will loose less money. Is this a good idea?
      On the river I decided to go for thin value from lower aces, because I think he is very likely to call with them.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Indahaus,

Overall the play ain't that wrong. We don't really want to get Check/Raised on turn which sometimes might even possible. Therefore taking the pot control line is totally fine here. Although you could even bet it bigger on river ~$3-4 should be fine as well. If he has the Ax then he is going to pay anyways. Doesn't have that many straights/flushes in his hand. And even if he had then he would just bet himself.

Best regards.