[NL2-NL10] 99 NL5 FR missed value

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I feel I missed value by not check raising the river here.

My reasoning for betting the river for value:
      1. If he has a made flush he will definitely pay me off and will sometimes raise depending on hand strength despite villains passivity
      2. Since I had him down as TP i figured there are many one pair type hands that would pay off a river bet, but check behind if I check, eg
      22/44/55/77+
      3. He is not that aggressive so might sometimes check weak flushes and pairs behind

villain = 10/4/1/0 (WTSD)/52 hands

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $5.62
      UTG: $4.29
      MP: $5.44
      CO: $5.22
      BTN: $2.62
      Hero (SB): $7.02

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 9:spade: 9:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.10, MP calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.08, fold

Flop: ($0.35, 3 players) 6:heart: 3:club: 3:heart:
      Hero bets $0.24, fold, MP calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.83, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero bets $0.40, MP calls $0.40

River: ($1.63, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero bets $1.00, MP calls $1.00

Hero shows 9:spade: 9:diamond: (Full House, Nines full of Threes)
      MP mucks A:heart: Q:heart: (Flush, Ace High)
      Hero wins $3.46
  • 4 replies
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      You should bet more on the turn, like 0.60$. That way you can bet more on the river also.
      I think it's better to bet then check-raise, because as you said, he is checking behind alot of his weaker holdings.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

If you even are betting the turn then definitely I'd bet it bigger ~$0,60 at least since it will be hard to extract value from him while being OOP.

As played a draw even completed and he could easily be on that draw and it's a possible way to Check/Raise it and even Check/Shove.

Best regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Ok so bet bigger on turn and check raise river.

My only problem is he's not always gonna show up with a flush on the river as his range does not consist solely of FD's

is it worth giving up that little bit of value we might gain by value betting the river in the hope of check raising?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      Ok so bet bigger on turn and check raise river.

My only problem is he's not always gonna show up with a flush on the river as his range does not consist solely of FD's

is it worth giving up that little bit of value we might gain by value betting the river in the hope of check raising?
      Even if he has some kind of weak hand he ain't gonna pay much anyways to you. Although while he may have strong hand then you might even get full stack from him. If he has flush/trips etc type of hands then he is definitely going to bet and very likely even Call.