Operation Phoenix Rising [Taking a BREAK] - Advisory: Hot chicks inside

• blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Yes, I'm down a lot... and why should anyone freaking start a blog under such circumstances?

Because I'm not on the mood to give up this shit! :s_cool: :s_cool: :s_cool:

So the current situation is as follows. Graph for PLO20/PLO10 on iPoker...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So for those who do not know me, I've been playing poker for some 1.5 years and PLO for some 3 months. I was really intended to reach PLO200 until October this year and go PRO, but then... THIS HAPPENED! OMFG. :s_confused:

What I decided to do is very simple. I actually had a $1050 BR before this train wreck and now I've got something like $600. I even had some "visions" of me playing PLO50 by this month, but now I'm back to PLO10. :f_eek:

Alright then... let's make it simple because long blog introductions suck. The objectives for the revival are:

[ ] Get back on track and stop losing, at least.
      [ ] Improve my mindset (especially reducing the effects of being so results-oriented).
      [ ] Play 6 tables for 24 to 30 hours a week on iPoker.
      [ ] Get back to PLO20 still this month.

Can I get there? We'll see. The Operation starts tomorrow at 1600 GMT. I'm planning to update this blog on a daily basis. I'll report again as soon as I'm in position, soldiers! :spade: :spade: :spade:

And here you have the SCROLL DOWN BONUS, which is the thing you get every time you read an entire post on this blog:

• 44 replies
    • fmlpoker1
      fmlpoker1
      Bronze
      No badbeat stories in this blog please:)
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fmlpoker1
      I'll freakin do my best, promise! :s_biggrin:
    • fmlpoker1
      fmlpoker1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blackops888
      Originally posted by fmlpoker1
      I'll freakin do my best, promise! :s_biggrin:
      Sounds good :s_thumbsup:
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      I'll report to read each day. Sir, yes Sir.

But only if we get a different hot chick each day! :s_love:
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zareos

Listen here, private. Why the heck wouldn't I do that in the first place? I already got a bunch of pix lined up in the surplus.

Do not ask where I got those, or I'll court martial you!
    • fmlpoker1
      fmlpoker1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zareos

One each day isnt enough, one each post sounds better :D
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Positive move BlackOps! Looking forward to watching the battle. :f_thumbsup:
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Nice bike!
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Well... for some reason I'm not surprised. Played for 3 hours, down 2.3BI. Started to feel frustrated and decided to call it a day. The last hand was quite stubborn but it turned out to be OK.

Hostile was quite aggro until that moment, always shot on the flop (cbet) and I had the idea of laying down some heavy machinegun fire on him, just for the sake of it. "He can't call with anything but a set, two pair or SD", I thought and I was right. When the SD did not hit on the turn, I fired again. He made a bad call, as expected... and lost both legs on a land mine.

IPoker Network $10.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 1398408
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $1.79
      CO: $8.16
      Hero (BTN): $10.41
      SB: $19.89
      BB: $4.11
      UTG: $14.04

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 5:club: T:club: 5:heart: T:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.35, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.85) 8:diamond: 9:spade: 2:heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.63, Hero raises to $1.50, UTG calls $0.87

Turn: ($3.85) A:heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.70, UTG calls $2.70

River: ($9.25) J:heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Here goes the graph for the session. Guys... I can't even remember how booking a winner feels like anymore. Damn...

Like before, it was a session in which my good hands did not connect and, when they connected, I wasn't paid or got outdrawn big. Look:

And as expected here you got the SCROLL-DOWN 200% FIRST POST BONUS!

• fmlpoker1
      fmlpoker1
      Bronze
      Stay positive and get back on the horse!
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      First loss was when I had a set of KKK vs a set of AAA on an AK7 flop so... not much to be done here, especially because there was a flush-draw there and people can stack off with shit like T-high FD on the flop so...

The rest of the losses were small pots, open-raises that did not connect and other related stuff.

I think I'll start playing a bit more aggro tomorrow. The only thing I did not try yet was going aggro... because playing tight is not working.
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Liking the blog - especailly the 'not going quietly into the 40BI downswing night' and can do attitude!

Fight the good fight! :D
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Why not valuebet with your flush on that hand? If villain thinks, he puts you on a flopped set quite often. You might get called with that straight. He wouldn't check on you with higher backdoor flush.
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      Why not valuebet with your flush on that hand? If villain thinks, he puts you on a flopped set quite often. You might get called with that straight. He wouldn't check on you with higher backdoor flush.
      That's a legitimate question, but at these stakes I've seen people going on c/c mode with 2nd nut flush. I lost account of the times I value-owned myself with non-nut straights and flushes.

He might me trying to bluff-catch with Q-high flush too. I've seen it all! :s_biggrin:
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Listen up, company!

I fuckin wish I was on a good mood to write this shit, but I ain't! You want to go through an insanity trial, soldier? Sit with me on this trench and you'll see! There's hostile fire coming from all directions!!!

Seriously, this blog has been a funny way to face this awful situation, but ah... I don't know where to adapt my game anymore. Going tight, going aggro, waiting for the nuts, premium hands only, no bluff, all bluff, ABC poker... I tried it all.

The godamn cards simply do not come my way. :s_confused:

Anyway I tried some fancy tactical moves today...

IPoker Network $10.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players - View hand 1399010
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.00
      BB: $12.72
      UTG: $13.35
      Hero (CO): $10.90
      BTN: $28.32

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with T:diamond: Q:diamond: 4:club: Q:heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, 1 fold, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) 8:diamond: 3:heart: 2:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero thinks he's good and bets $0.80, BTN calls $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.50) J:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero thinks "what the hell are these donks doing??" and checks, BTN checks

River: ($3.50) 3:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero throws a $2.00 cheap grenade and sees it bouncing on the wall and coming back when..., ... BTN calls $2, BB folds

Final Pot: $7.50
      BTN shows 4:diamond: 7:heart: 3:spade: 5:spade:
      BTN wins $7.00
      (Rake: $0.50)

Unbelievable! And here you got a bonus for when you feel lonely on that cold, dirty and surrounded by blood-thirsty guerrilla fighters outpost your captain has freaking designated you to stand guard:

So I'll play for 2 more hours and see what happens next. Dismissed!
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Well, backdoor flush is a different story than normal flush draw.

Villain might have bigger flush, but I think he would have bet it to you on river. Your line looks like flopped set a lot, so I think he will call you with straight (his line looks a lot like straight draw) often enough to make that bet +EV.

If there were 2 hears on flop, checking behind is good.
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      Well, backdoor flush is a different story than normal flush draw.

Villain might have bigger flush, but I think he would have bet it to you on river. Your line looks like flopped set a lot, so I think he will call you with straight (his line looks a lot like straight draw) often enough to make that bet +EV.

If there were 2 hears on flop, checking behind is good.
      Man I have to say your reasoning is right. Maybe I'm being beaten so bad that when I get anything marginal I always wait for the worse... because truth is that this is happening more often than not!

But anyway I'll keep your words in mind. Thanks!
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I know the feeling. In downswing that paranoia gets a hold on you. You will miss a ton of spots for valuebetting, cos you are afraid that villain might raise you. And the key to make profit in omaha is to learn bet-folding on river.

I have found that couple days off from poker is usually pretty good thing when you are losing session after session.
    • adamjjj
      adamjjj
      Bronze
      hey, any closer to getting out of your downswing?

Im bored of reading NL blogs as i play PLO myself so you need to update to keep me entertained :f_biggrin: