[NL20-NL50] SH NL50 - 67o turn nut straight

• tcs35
      both blinds fold a lot so i think it is a profitable steal. the sb isn't a very good reg post flop but generally tight pre. i think i can actually raise more on the flop since i think whatever he calls $11 he will call around $15 too. now we have to make a river decision; i decided to bet $16 intending to call a shove. i had some people opinions and it was either to bet around $18 and fold or to bet $8 and fold. now i agree partially but when trying to build a range that he will call pre-flop, check the flop and then bet/call the turn and then check the river like i can't think of how he could have a flush here. mb im wrong though

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($48.50)
      UTG+1 ($78.95)
      CO ($56.10)
      Hero (BTN) ($50)
      SB ($45.20)
      BB ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BTN 6:spade: 7:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: A:club: 5:heart: 3:heart: ($4.50, 3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: 4:club: ($4.50, 3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $3, Hero raises to $11, SB folds, BB calls $8

River: 6:heart: ($26.50, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero ($37.5)?
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      Obviously 2x or better gets it in on the turn like crazy imo, so if he raises river it screams flush to me. What other hand makes sense to bet turn in hopes of taking it down and call a raise getting a bit over 1:1? I would choose ~$18 too because I think that's what gets max value from his marginal hands but I'm not too confident he will call a lot on this board and how the hand played out, only if you are aggro and he will be willing to bluffcatch/he is a fish. You don't think he'll float you with 7x on the turn, right? Esp since you have 7h he can't have 7hXh. Maybe A7s but that is going to c/c when flush completes...

Long story short: bet/fold river for ~$18 to get him to call some set, maybe 2pair, Ax and fold to raise. It's a flush...

Btw, how do you think a heart draw would play flop, turn and river?
    • MathhNes
      Not too sure about which river sizing to take, but i personally think betting like you decided to (15) and fold to shove is a good option. I also like your turn raise sizing, due to the fact that if you raise any bigger he will fold out his flush draws and sometimes even stronger aces, AQ even, due to the fact that it is so hard to call a huge raise on turn with just one pair.

What i do think, however, is that you probably should have c-betted the flop since fds will never c/r except if he has AhTh or so, but other combo draws arent in their ranges. And people don't c/r a hand like QKh here, and also you get everything except fds and Ax hands to fold most of the time. Is there any reason to check back the flop that i missed?
    • Wryzeth
      Originally posted by MathhNes
      What i do think, however, is that you probably should have c-betted the flop [...] Is there any reason to check back the flop that i missed?
      I was thinking the exact same thing. Even 3-way it's not a bad board to c-bet imo, you can get a lot of better hands to fold (pocketpairs, broadways) and you have a gutshot to the nuts. They won't be making a lot of moves in a multi-way pot out of position and I also don't see a lot of Ax in their range, since they will usually 3-bet those for value or as resteal with blocker. But you on the other hand can rep any Ax on the BU.
    • tcs35
      I didn't cbet cause it's not really my intention vs these villains. they are super nitty in the blinds and I don't really expect folds on this flop since their ranges hit this board since i don't expect them to fold under pairs to one bet and all Ax are calling. but i do like cbetting too
    • Kaitz20
      His hand looks a lot like Ax, so I´d personally like b/f river 15$. Don´t afraid flush too often, since I´d expect him to lead out if he hits his draw
      I think flop check is fine, if they check to you twice you can always make delayed c-bet and likely they have there quite often Ax hands that they would not fold