Frozen account

• lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      Oh this is getting ridiculous. Seems that I get problems everywhere I go, I soon might think that everyone on the internet knows I have some Jewish blood and everyone is racist :) )

I've recently decided to sign up for Pokerstars, added 25euros to my account and started playing, soon after (20mins or so) message came up saying myaccount has been frozen. I went to my emails and saw that they sent me a mail saying that I need to confirm everything in order to unfreeze account.

Basically, I registered with address I currently live in (Lithuania), and made deposit from card that is registered from where I used to live (England). Now they want my ID, credit card, bank bills history and full paper with my signature filled in.

There are 2 problems, first is that I have no printer and due to my skin condition I rarely leave home while it's sunny. Of course I could ask someone to print that paper they need, get it to my house so I sign it, then go back and scan it, then send to me, but seriously, why isn't my ID + credit card with my name on it enough?

Other problem is that they want my bank account info with the address I registered at their place, but that credit card is registered not at my country, so what should I do about that?

I mailed them hour ago, still no reply, I've read online they take over 12 hours usually to reply, so I don't expect it to be here before I wake up next day.

Anyone been in this situation and can give tips, so everything works faster? Would filling form in MS Word + attaching all pictures they need (except for bank receipt and my signature, which I can't fill in trough computer obviously :) ), be alright?

Or maybe I can ask them to refund me and close that account, so I can just play on PartyPoker?

Thanks for answers in advance :)

EDIT: All worked out. Acc has been reopened.
  • 24 replies
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Silver
      That really does suck, my only suggestion is to wait patiently and work with there support

Also are you a vampire? :o

Best regards
      matt
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      My recommendation: try to get the refund and skip to PartyPoker.

However, I can tell you that the PokerStars support is very friendly and willing to help, but are also very strict with their TOS. Therefore, they probably will not let you go without sending them what you were asked to send them.

I am not sure how it is about that bank account, just explain them the situation, they should sort it out.
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      Yes, I'm vampire. :baby:

I might play on PartyPoker later, but I liked PokerStars more due to reviews, PartyPoker doesn't have really good offers atm too..

I just don't understand why they need that much documents to verify it is me. I mean, wouldn't my email + ID + credit card photos enough.. Maybe a photo of bill or something too. Now I need to do that much stuff just to have it re-opened, why didn't they ask for any verifications before taking my money?

If they don't agree with me sending all the info except for filling the form with hand, I'll ask for refund, if they don't do that, I'll need to find some hole in their TOS and actions, having a family of which 3 members are national/international lawyers is sometimes good. :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi IGotYourOuts,

I appreciate the ID process can be frustrating at times, but please bear in mind that the reason is to protect your account and your own money.

Please liaise with the support team to ascertain what documents would be acceptable to them and then maybe a family member or a trusted friend can help you to take the copy.

As you will no doubt appreciate, ID is something that all poker rooms need to verify your identity, so having a couple of spare copies or a digital scan of your documents will prove useful for future.

Let us know how you get on. Best regards,

Bart
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      Hey, Eagle.

I fully understand that this is needed, but I'm just saying that aren't PokerStars looking at this too strictly? I mean, why isn't ID + credit card + bills photos enough? And why wasn't it been 'strange' for them before they take the money?

I hope this will work out normally, and they won't take that much to respond to each letter (still waiting response to my original query).
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hello my friend,

Each platform asks for slightly different elements of ID. I've had all kinds of things asked for in the past including a rubbing of the credit card to show the indentation made by the numbers (to prove I physically held the card I guess and not just stolen the number :) ).

It is usually a one-off process though, so bear with them and I do personally find it reassuring that they go to these measures to protect our funds.

Best regards,

Bart
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Silver
      Do pokerstars offer a phone in support? might be easier to talk to them in person

Regards
      Matt
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      I've sent an mail with ID + credit card photo + filled in form (added picture of my signature instead of scanning it, they asked for manual signature, technically it is an manual signature, so I hope there won't be problems and I have it unfrozen soon :)

If not I'll just ask for refund to the card, or will they ask for same info again if I want to do that too? :)
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      Got a pretty quick reply to my2nd letter :)

Thank you for your email.

We have received the documentation you sent, unfortunately some of the requested documentation is missing.

We can confirm that we have approved the following documents:

-Back of card ending
      -Front of card ending

To complete your account verification we kindly ask that you submit the outstanding documents as listed below at your earliest convenience:

-Valid government-issued ID - the copy we received was blurry and not all details could be verified
      -Recent Utility Bill - to verify the address registered on your PokerStars account
      -Recent Bank Statement

Before submitting please ensure that the images of your documents are complete and legible to allow us to proceed accordingly.

Please help us keep our security procedures in place by sending the documentation requested by scan or digital image to investigations@pokerstars.com or if that is not possible, please fax us the information with your UserID visible on every page:

No idea why my ID was declined, it has been taken by a decent camera and isn't blurry at all, same ID photo was declined here too, maybe because it's photo of passport not an ID card? But I'll try submitting docs again tomorrow morning just as I get up :)

Thanks for advices everyone and good night :)
    • Suijj
      Suijj
      Bronze
      Did you make a pic of both sides of your passport? i had to do so atleast, hope this helps (:
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      The 2nd side of passport has nothing, only Lithuanian flag, it's not an ID card. I've made photos of my drivers licence now and have sent them.

THey asked for screenshot from bank with my recent history of transactions + my card nr in it + my name in it.

There is not a single screen at internet banking that gives all those details, and papers I have at home, you can't see your card number at any of those, so what am I supposed to send them?
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lGotYourOuts
      The 2nd side of passport has nothing, only Lithuanian flag, it's not an ID card. I've made photos of my drivers licence now and have sent them.

THey asked for screenshot from bank with my recent history of transactions + my card nr in it + my name in it.

There is not a single screen at internet banking that gives all those details, and papers I have at home, you can't see your card number at any of those, so what am I supposed to send them?
      Prisijunk prie banko per neta ir užsakyk išrašą sąskaitos ant kurios kortelė registruota, ir matysis viskas ko jie is taves praso+adresas, asmens kodas. Bent jau aš naudoju danskebanka, tai viskas i vieną screenshota tilptų tiksliai ;)

@Though strange, i deposited to pokerstars via moneybookers and cashed out like week ago, and stars did not even bother to check my ID :) the first site that made my cashout so smooth
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sinsas

Prisijunk prie banko per neta ir užsakyk išrašą sąskaitos ant kurios kortelė registruota, ir matysis viskas ko jie is taves praso+adresas, asmens kodas. Bent jau aš naudoju danskebanka, tai viskas i vieną screenshota tilptų tiksliai ;)

@Though strange, i deposited to pokerstars via moneybookers and cashed out like week ago, and stars did not even bother to check my ID :) the first site that made my cashout so smooth

Tame ir problema, kad bankas Angliskas, o ir israsai siunciami man i namus Anglijoje, o man dabar bent 3 menesius nenusimato kelione ten.

translation: problem is that bank sends everything to my UK address, whlist now I am in Lithuania, so I can't get them here anyhow.
    • lGotYourOuts
      lGotYourOuts
      Bronze
      12hours no reply, lovely, I'm asking for refund
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      As before, bear with them. Once it's sorted out, you shouldn't have to go through it again.

They will let you know when they've reviewed your docs/correspondence.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Zuttasoxx
      Zuttasoxx
      Bronze
      If that is strict. I even need to have a notary sign my papers to prove it to be legit!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Has this issue been solved please?
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      It looks so:

• IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      Originally posted by IngridN
      It looks so:

ah, yes. I'm blind obv :)

thanks Bigniux for pointing it out :heart: