BTN: $6.23
      SB: $6.80
      BB: $2.70
      UTG: $1.05
      Hero (UTG+1): $19.87
      MP: $0.89

SB posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has K:heart: K:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.24, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.21, BB calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.72, 3 players) 5:diamond: 5:heart: J:heart:
      SB bets $0.54, fold, Hero calls $0.54

Turn: ($1.80, 2 players) 8:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.80, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

SB shows 4:heart: 4:club: (Full House, Fours full of Fives) (PreFlop 18%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      Hero mucks K:heart: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Fives) (PreFlop 82%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      SB wins $2.26

I think that I played well on the flop but I'm not sure the turn. Do u think that I should have bet? I wanted to write that I didn't bet because I didn't see a lot of hands which call me... but now my point of view it's a little clear and definitely see worse hands that mine which call me, like J9+, maybe even QQ...yeap he could have played FD also in this way. I think that I wanted to see that he had 5 and it's a reason why I chose pot contol.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Just curious why ain't ya betting the turn? I'd definitely bet there for protection. But as played pretty close in between either to raise smallish for value from any kind of pair or not. But overall shouldn't be wrong to just go for a tighter play if you consider him rather not paying with a lot worse.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello BGawli,

Just curious why ain't ya betting the turn?
      Best regards.
      I was afraid that he had 5. Now sounds funny but when I was playing this hand I didn't think in this way.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Its not always going to be a rule, but often if someone had a 5 on that board they would have bet the turn after seeing you call a decent size bet on the flop.

Think about how you would play it, and the other way round. If you don't have a 5, would you be comfortable betting out on that turn card. If you were behind on the flop, your still likely behind now so you are only really betting to represent the 5.

Any other views?