This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50, AJo 3barrel bluff

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $52.00
      CO:
      $45.35
      BU:
      $50.00
      SB (Hero):
      $86.35
      BB:
      $25.50

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      2 folds, BU raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BB folds, BU calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.5) 4, 7, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.50, BU calls $6.50.

Turn: ($22.5) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $12.00, BU calls $12.00.

River: ($46.5) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $27.00, BU calls $27.00(All-In).

Final Pot: $100.5.

Hi guys!

Guy was 20/13 after 20hands very passive.

Would you consider this spot a spew and why?

Do you think we can add a lot of 5's or 9's in his 3b calling range (except 99)?

Is this a good spot to bluff vs basically unknown or should I restrict myself from these spots in future?
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I don't think this is a great 3 barrel spot as the board just gets progressively worse for bluffing. What do you think his flat calling range is to a 3bet preflop? Do you think this board hits it well? I think it does, if he's got an overpair he's never folding (Although I think he would 4bet QQ+ preflop unless he's slowplaying AA). If he has any suited connectors this board hits a hell of a lot of his range, same with mid pocket pairs. Low suited Ax is possible, but I doubt anything but A5s continues after the flop since it's impossible for them to have a flush draw since you have Ad.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I don´t like it, since he has there too many times two pair or straight that he isnm´t going to fold and at the same time you´re not really going to shove your overpairs, so he may also call you down with one pair hands

If river was blank I´d likely would shove