[NL20-NL50] SH NL25 QJo

• adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Villan is playing 38/21

Just wondering thoughts on the hand. Im pretty sure I should just fold. Min raise on the turn just looks so nutty.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($47)
      BB ($37.32)
      Hero ($25.35)
      CO ($49.42)
      BTN ($48.05)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: J:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, SB raises to $1.75, fold, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3.75) 8:diamond: J:spade: 3:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.67, SB calls $2.67

TURN ($9.09) 8:diamond: J:spade: 3:diamond: J:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $6.48, SB raises to $12.96, Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you´re not going to fold turn, but at the same time I think you shouldn´t shove
      So I´d just call and call his river bet on any card. Trips is too strong hand to fold and he can c/r turn with worse hands, including bluff
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Thank you for your reply.

I understand that I am not going to be in good shape here against most of his range.

I have been thinking though, due to stack sizes am I not better off shoving turn. If I flat I am 100% committed to calling a river shove and maybe he will call off with any diamond draw, and possibly straight draws + overpairs (pretty much all his bluffing range I think).

I know I am not folding out any better hands but I think I can get maximum value this way, and I am not losing any more to better hands, as I am calling river shove regardless.

In this spot, if he checks river should I check also (I probably would for fear of kj aj hands)

I am not disagreeing with your response I was just thinking about the hand, and wanted to discuss these other thoughts.

Thanks,

adamall
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      yeah, since you have 8$ left then it is better to get all-in on the turn before some scary card would come
      You ´re not going to fold at any river and if he has there worse Jx hand he would check on diamond river