This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH NL25 QJo

• adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Villan is playing 38/21

Just wondering thoughts on the hand. Im pretty sure I should just fold. Min raise on the turn just looks so nutty.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($47)
      BB ($37.32)
      Hero ($25.35)
      CO ($49.42)
      BTN ($48.05)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: J:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, SB raises to $1.75, fold, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3.75) 8:diamond: J:spade: 3:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.67, SB calls $2.67

TURN ($9.09) 8:diamond: J:spade: 3:diamond: J:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $6.48, SB raises to $12.96, Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you´re not going to fold turn, but at the same time I think you shouldn´t shove
      So I´d just call and call his river bet on any card. Trips is too strong hand to fold and he can c/r turn with worse hands, including bluff
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Thank you for your reply.

I understand that I am not going to be in good shape here against most of his range.

I have been thinking though, due to stack sizes am I not better off shoving turn. If I flat I am 100% committed to calling a river shove and maybe he will call off with any diamond draw, and possibly straight draws + overpairs (pretty much all his bluffing range I think).

I know I am not folding out any better hands but I think I can get maximum value this way, and I am not losing any more to better hands, as I am calling river shove regardless.

In this spot, if he checks river should I check also (I probably would for fear of kj aj hands)

I am not disagreeing with your response I was just thinking about the hand, and wanted to discuss these other thoughts.

Thanks,

adamall
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      yeah, since you have 8$ left then it is better to get all-in on the turn before some scary card would come
      You ´re not going to fold at any river and if he has there worse Jx hand he would check on diamond river