[NL20-NL50] SH NL25 98o

• adamall
      Two things I am questioning about this hand.

First villan is 18/17/8 also FT3b is 20%

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($42.73)
      BB ($48.50)
      UTG ($17.88)
      UTG+1 ($25.90)
      CO ($38.25)
      BTN ($9.30)

Dealt to Hero 9:club: 8:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.75, fold, Hero raises to $2.25, fold, CO calls $1.50

FLOP ($4.75) 7:heart: 3:spade: 6:club:

Hero bets $3.39, CO raises to $8, Hero calls $4.61

TURN ($20.75) 7:heart: 3:spade: 6:club: 2:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $12, Hero folds

CO wins $19.73

What are your thoughts about re-raising flop, not sure if this is more optimal, I don't have a super agg 3b% (~10), and I don't feel that this min raise reps huge strength on this board.

This was the line I thought of taking at the time, but called because I had the right price, and wasn't so sure that it would be +ev.

The other question is, is this a bad 3bet spot, I think it might be better to have some blockers at least OOP
  • 3 replies
    • Letsdothisish
      Why would you bluff 3B a villain who only folds 20% to 3bets? I would just 3bet all my valuehands that are good against his range from CO, so approx. TT+ AJ+. You're way behind against his range with 98o, against a 20% openraise % from CO for insance you only have 34% equity. So I'd just call or fold with this hand.

As played I think your betsising on flop is a bit too big, you're already in a 3B pot, something about 2.5 to 3 will have the same result.

How much is he raising? If he's fairly aggressive I'd ship it. If he's not I think you get good odds and good implieds (I think his minraise looks strong in a 3B pot, approx. 66/77/TT/JJ/QQ) so you can call and if you don't hit fold the turn.
    • DeLau

I really don't like to 3bet here, especially since he only folds to 3bets 20%. You could 3bet if he folds to cbet in 3bet pots a lot, then it might be +EV. But I doubt that he folds a lot.
      On a sidenote, you say that you 3bet 10%. Imo, that's really high.

On the flop, you definitely have enough implied odds to call his minraise. But I'm not sure if you have to cbet here. I doubt it actually because there aren't that many hands he will fold, I even think he can play back with overcards because your range doesn't hit at all. As stated previously, his fold to cbet in 3bet pots is important here.

On the turn, x/f looks standard to me.

Again, I don't like the 3bet oop and especially not since you are quite deep and the fact that he folds that little. If you consider 3betting, you should also check how he plays the flop and turn in 3bet pots.
    • Kaitz20
      being deep I would also not 3-bet that spot
      Once you hit your oesd you can´t fold, since he would raise/fold often enough these spots, so I would prefer shoving flop instead of b/c