[NL2-NL10] How to get maw valeu on river nuts?

• Tommass
      Tommass
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB = ($10.25)
      MP3 = ($10.00)
      CO = ($20.03)
      BU (Hero) = ($10.15)
      SB = ($11.02)

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8, 9.
      MP3 raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) T, 2, 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.65, BB folds, MP3 calls $1.05.

Turn: ($4.25) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.75, MP3 calls $2.75.

River: ($9.75) 6 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.50, MP3 calls $3.50.

Final Pot: $16.75.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a pair of aces(A A).
      Hero shows a straight, ten high(8 9).

Hero wins with a straight, ten high(8 9).

He is tight player and bets standart UTG bet,I`m in position and have connectors 98o,flop OESD and he leads 2/3 pot,I re-raise,because I thought if he have connected with flop,I have good chance to get 1 of my 8 outers and won nice pot!Turn came total blink and he checks,now I put him on AJ+ or 88 and 99,and think that he should fold these kind of hands to turn bet!And river give me the nuts!I`m thinking with what kind of hand he could call any bet!Did I get max value or he would call all in??
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tommass,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Don't see suits or anything. So overall fold preflop.
      Flop: What's the plan of raising here? Against what kind of opponent are you against? Do you expect even to have any fold equity vs his overpairs?

As played
      Turn: Don't really see having here much fold equity anyways while I even don't see suits. Standard Check behind.

As played
      River: Shove for value and hopefully it's rainbow.

Best regards.
    • Tommass
      Tommass
      Bronze
      So,even if I`m in position,I shouldn`t call PRF??
      I`m against very tight player,maybe even nit,so re-raising is to see,if he just c-betting or he have hand!And turn I vantet to represent set or just strong hand,so make him fild hand like AJo+!
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      About represent set on the turn,

Actually no one will believe you represent set on turn because your bet is too small. And then Villain will thinking: if you have set, why you lead and not just let him cbet turn?
      Someone with set will check/raise on the turn, I guess.

I think the best you can get with your bet on the turn is to slow down Villain. He might me thinking twice if he was planning to value bet 3 streets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tommass
      So,even if I`m in position,I shouldn`t call PRF??
      I`m against very tight player,maybe even nit,so re-raising is to see,if he just c-betting or he have hand!And turn I vantet to represent set or just strong hand,so make him fild hand like AJo+!
      If you don't have a great plan for postflop then rather not. You wont hit often enough by just Calling.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Actually no one will believe you represent set on turn because your bet is too small. And then Villain will thinking: if you have set, why you lead and not just let him cbet turn? Someone with set will check/raise on the turn, I guess.

Lead? Hero raised flop, then bet turn when villain checked to him, that's not a donkbet. How can he checkraise when he is in position?

If he had a set, the bet isn't small either, considering he can comfortably shove the river without overbetting.

I would usually call or 3bet on the BU with suited connectors which has shown profit so far.