BSS vs. MSS vs. SSS - hands played

• lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Hey all, I was just wondering what percentage of hands are played pre-flop according to the respective SHCs for each - at a basic level only.

I know SSS would be the least and BSS the most, though with a casual glance, there doesn't appear to be a ridiculous difference between MSS and BSS (including the steals and resteals chart from MSS ofc).

If anyone knows It'd be much appreciated - either for common interest, of to resolve any ignorance I may have.

Thanks all :)
  • 6 replies
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Dunno, never tried MSS or SSS, but I believe that it really doesn't matter lot. I mean even SSS player can be looser, and MSS player could be looser. That's based on player I gues. But like you said. SSS has the lowest number
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      MSS Sample

Full Fing my VPIP through a 55k sample on NL2 was 8.9%
      On NL5 i'm still grinding only 27k hands on it and the VPIP hasn't changed that much.

I do play a little looser than usual, but not much.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      MSS is VERY different from BSS.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vmarqui
      not really, you just play with different implied odds. It is good to know how to play all 3 even when you play BSS. When you face either a SSS player or MSS player in a pot, the effective stack is actually theirs.

;)

Thazar
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Depends. Ther are tight MSS'ers and loose MSS'ers. Grab ahold of their ranges and outplay them. Easy.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      not really, you just play with different implied odds. It is good to know how to play all 3 even when you play BSS. When you face either a SSS player or MSS player in a pot, the effective stack is actually theirs.

;)

Thazar

mmm maybe, but at least you make money in a different way.