promoting afiliate

• MrS212i
      MrS212i
      Bronze
      I want to know if I may start thread on a poker room not related to pokerstrategy. What are pokerstrategys terms and conditions for the blogs so that promoting your own affiliate links is something that you will be allowed to do?
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi darrenrudolph, Thanks for seeking clarification first.

You will not be able to show or promote any affiliate codes or website addresses of other affiliates or poker rooms. It would be unfair on both PokerStrategy.com and it's partner sites to do so.

We would prefer it if you didn't mention any names at all as this could be considered subtle advertising. We do however appreciate that members might inadvertently make reference to a non-PokerStrategy.com poker room they are playing on in a post or blog. This generally isn't a problem as long as only the poker room and not an affiliate is mentioned and if it isn't deemed to be an intentional form of advertising, however links, codes and references to affiliate names are a definate no-no.

The moderatoring team are there to help members and will always look to advise members if any post is deemed to be inappropriate or outside the rules.

This is covered within the Forum Principles, but if you would like any additional clarification, please feel free to shout and we'll happily help.

Best regards,

Bart
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hello again,

Sorry just re-reading your original post and I probably missed clarifying one aspect.

Occasional mentions of a non-partner room in an existing thread or blog would no doubt be acceptable, however a thread set up and dedicated to a non-partner room would probably be deemed unfair on our existing partner rooms, so would suggest that this approach isn't taken.

Hope this helps, shout if we can help in any other way.

Best regards,

Bart
    • MrS212i
      MrS212i
      Bronze
      thanks Bart