Hey there

• mickygft
      mickygft
      Bronze
      Hello my name is Michael, im 33 from Belfast and ive been playing poker for approx 3 years on 888. had a lot of time off recently and decided to take it more seriously. stumbled across this and thought i'd be a good chance to learn and play on a different site.
  • 5 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hi Michael!

Welcome to Pokerstrategy.com :)

You've certainly come to the right place :) We've got heaps of articles, videos and coaching here for you to get stuck right into!

What type of poker do you play? SnGs? Cash games? MTTs? There's sections for each, so there will be enough content for you :)

Anyway, which room will you be playing on then? I presume you're using this page to choose? In case you didn't know you can get first deposit bonuses, rakeback and other great offers on those rooms if you sign up using the code provided :)

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask away :)

Best regards,

Jim
    • mickygft
      mickygft
      Bronze
      i signed on for poker 770 as it seemed to have the most traffic and i was familiar with the layout having played paddypower before.
      i play mostly micro 40man sngs and mtts but plan on playing cash on 770 and learning the skills there but still playing on 888.
      tbh never thought of rakeback as i dont think i play enough but in time maybe that will change.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      That sounds good :)

How are you finding the 40 man sngs? Have you been reading the articles and watching some videos?

Cash is a lot of fun, but it's a completely different kettle of fish! Since you're quite new in your poker journey I would advise against mixing too much, try and stick to one you really enjoy for now :)

Rakeback isn't so important at the micros: some sites have lower rake anyway so you actually pay less - the ones that give you rakeback usually have higher rake but aren't as beneficial @ the micros. As you go higher though you will definitely want it!

Best regards,

Jim
    • mickygft
      mickygft
      Bronze
      i find the 40 man turbos the most risk averse way of making a little bit of money, was up around 50/60% roi on them for a few months but its lowered now that im learning to multitable (4 and above)
      the articles and videos are great, good to find a source such as this where everyone seems to be reading off the same page.
      think that developing the patience for cash and learning to fold my aq out of position will be the hardest part!! looking forward to the challenge tho.
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      best of luck at the tables and welcome