help me improving my game

• telmoslb
      Hey guys.
      I started playing poker 2 weeks ago. I made a deposit of 25€ and the money was gone in 1 week. i play no limit hold'em cash games.
      It was first time i played real money and i didn't understand some things so i guess it was expected :tongue:
      So i started to read some stuff online and some books, Harrington On Hold'em which i think is a great book but it is about tournaments, Internet Texas Hold'em Winning Strategies From An Internet Pro - Matthew Hilger - i also enjoyed it but it is about limit and i also read Theory of Poker.
      After reading this books i felt more confident about my game, so i make another 25€ deposit. It starts weel, playing 0.05/0.10 i won 15 euros that day, next day i made some stupid mistakes and i had some really bad luck and lost almost everything ?(

i need some tips, what should i read online some books about cash games no limit, i know you learn the most by playing but i want to study some theory first, i don't have much confidence about my game right now :tongue:

Thanks in advance
  • 3 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Hiya telmoslb!

Firstly, welcome to and the community :)

Well, I think firstly I should point you towards an article on our site. This goes through some basic things in becoming successful in NLHE poker. Firstly, Bankroll Management. By the sounds of it, you've found the importance of this through bad luck! Playing 0.05/0.10 with only 25€ is a sure way to go bust for almost every player :) It also goes through BSS, which is presumably what you'll be playing - sitting at a stack with 100 big blinds. So have a read of that article and tell me what you think - does it give you a bit more insight?

One important question I'll ask before where are you playing... Have you taken our quiz to get $50 on one of the rooms shown there? If not, I would advise you to ;) So what poker rooms are you playing at? If you sign up at any of these poker rooms then you not only get great offers like first deposit bonuses, rakeback and freerolls (dependant on room) you get strategy points. These help you go up in our status system here, which let you read more articles. And there are a lot of articles here for you!

Anyay, that's enough typing from me :) Give me a message back here to let me know what you think of some of the information I've provided you with :)

Best regards,

• telmoslb
      To play 0.05/0.10 i need a bankroll of $250 -.- even at 0.02/0.04 i need $100 i had no idea i needed that much. Some interesting struff in that link, if you know more plz tell me, also can you recommend me some good books about cash games?
      i will start to read Harrington on Cash Games 6 max, i enjoyd reading the one about tournament, this one must be good too.
    • purplefizz
      hi telmoslb,

are you only interested in books? i havent read many but The Poker Mindset by M. Hilger really helped me as a player. do you play 6max cash games? you might want to read ryan fee's 6max guide too :) maybe our other members can contribute their ideas here. :)

if you prefer to learn by videos, here is a nice list of some that you can find here on our site. there's a lot of really great stuff in there :)
      the link:

Video Series at

the bankroll management articles are really important. they've saved me many times when i would've gone busto. :f_biggrin: they give good guidelines so that i can grind my roll safely upwards again :) there are so many more articles that we can point you to if you would tell us what you are interested in ;)