Muel's SH adventure

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Hi All

I felt like jumping on this blog bandwagon as I think it will be a good way of focusing my efforts. I seem to lack focus and commitment in a lot of things I do. Hopefully, I'll get the encouragement and motivation I need from this community : P

A little about myself:

I am 23 and live on the Wirral, a little peninsula in the Northwest of England. I have no solid career plans at the moment. I finished Sixth Form, got some A-levels and have been floating around little jobs in the mean time. My original plan was to join the Police but with recent budget cuts to public services that seems like a no go for a while. One plan is to get some money together in order to some sort of training. Any suggestions :P ?

To the poker! I originally learnt the game when I was 16, playing with friends and in pubs when a little older. I have only been playing "seriously" since about 2008, but only had real success after signing up with Pokerstrategy.com

I started on 888 playing NL6 FR after consolidating some other rolls and my initial capital. I think I had $150 so enough for my 25 BI rule. I took shots with 20BI and dropped down again after 3 BI stop loss limit. I ran my roll all the way up to ~ $1200 (a lot of run good probably!) and was playing NL50 FR but a friend told me about a rakeback offer on Full Tilt so I got involved. I ran my roll up to $1600 and then tried some 6-max NL50. I know.......pretty dumb! Got crushed and dropped about $700!!!!!!!
      Anyway, I last had about $900 on there and then Full Tilt died.
      So, I remembered I had $45 or something sitting on stars and my roll currently stands at $162.16

I am planning on moving back to 888 at some point to earn PS.com points, but the traffic is pretty poor there. However, the standard there isn’t that great also, so that’s a plus xD
      I’ll probably include some off topic bits and bobs to keep the interest and other thread savers.

Hope it’s a good read.

Muel294
  • 19 replies
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      on a side note another reason for this blog is to track my progress for potential staking if it is needed, so any sensible offers are welcome but we would obviously need to make a separate thread in the staking forum

and last but not least

what would you rather fight?
      A) 1 horse size duck
      B) 50 duck sized horses

please feel free to explain.

I'll start: 50 duck size horses
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      1 horse sized duck in my opinion. The 50 duck sized horses would crush you by relentlessly kicking your ankles, whilst in the long run I think you could use your agility to beat a horse sized duck. Although if you increase it to, say, an elephant I would rather go for the 50 duck sized elephants :)

And good luck with poker :D
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Sick graph, man.

And indeed moving from FR to SH can be painful. Going down 2 or 3 stakes is highly recommended.

888 might not have great FR traffic (I never checked) but it's ok for shorthanded small stakes (at least between NL20 and NL100 I always find good games).

Good luck!

Oh, and 50 duck size horses. I don't think a duck sized horse can kick aaaall that hard and you can just randomly kick around and they will be thrown far. One hit by a horse sized duck and you are finished.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      @ wriggers and Luiz, thanks for the encouragment.

Wriggers..... have you seen how aggressive ducks can be? Imagine a horse sized one, it would have your head off!

Re: the switch from FR to SH I need to do a lot more research and reading before getting back into it. I have a greater respect for 6 max grinders as I believe It requires much deeper thought and attention.

FR seems to suit my nitty tendencies and I once read an article which encouraged you to find games that you feel you have more of an edge at and that you find yourself more of a winning player.

After all thats what we are here to do...make money, not stroke our egos.

Sick graph, man

I think it just looks good though since I like to take shots. I'm okay with that since I have done it before and up and down stakes before.
      If that kind of thing gets to you then I really think BRM is the key!
      I think I'm gonna wrap things up for this post before it turns into an essay ;(

Just got in from a local Multi table SNG where I ran pretty bad (but I usually run like god so cant complain)

1)1st hand AQ into AA flop QXXr, called it down, managed not to go broke.

2) AK vs shorstack shove w/ 88, I ISO shove 8 in the window obv.

3) KK UTG into AA to finish me off

:f_o: :f_o:

Had a pretty good day today online though:

BR: 176.73
      +14.57

I will think of some targets for my next posts and I will leave you with a fail vid and a pic of beast of a car in memory of the company that my friend worked for who got royally screwed over by the managment and are now no longer in business X(

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Okay so last time I posted I said that I would come up with some targets before my next post:

:spade: take shots at NL10 FR

:heart: evaluate my play after EVERY session ( something I don’t do often enough out of laze)

:diamond: Read at least one article, watch at least one video, do at least one column quiz

These are just a couple of quick achievable ideas to begin with. If anyone can think of some other good targets feel free to give me some inspiration :f_biggrin:

Since my last post had a pretty good session:

BR: $193.03
      +$16.30

It all pretty much came from my session in the early hours of this morning 00:00 – 04:00.

Biggest hand of the night:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $5.10
      UTG+1: $5.16
      MP: $5.21
      MP+1: $3.34
      CO: $9.78
      BTN: $3.54
      Hero (SB): $5.91
      BB: $4.40 25/25/3 AF/ 24 hands

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, BB raises to $4.40 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.20

Flop: ($8.80, 2 players) 8:heart: 2:heart: 4:diamond:

Turn: ($8.80, 2 players) 3:club:

River: ($8.80, 2 players) 3:spade:

Hero shows K:club: A:diamond: (One Pair, Threes)
      BB shows A:club: 9:heart: (One Pair, Threes)
      Hero wins $8.36

Is it stupid to get the money all in here FR w/ few hands on villain? Although he had not been at the table very long he had been there long enough to show that he was loose and very aggressive, so I felt quite confident of having the best hand here very often.

Here is another hand vs a player who I had marked as being quite aggressive (19/16/2 AF/30hands). Although his stats don’t show him to be that aggressive I had made notes that I should check to induce bluffs.

My question is should I just be betting the turn to charge draws and weaker AX here? Or as played I was playing way/ahead way behind, i.e I am either way ahead of worse FD ( I have Qs for insurance) or way behind AK/2pr+ particularly AT,A9,55/TT.

I was a little less concerned about AK/TT+ since we would expect him to 3bet pre. However, villain had shown himself capable of flatting OR with QQ+!

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 5 players

BB: $17.15
      UTG: $3.07
      CO: $4.12
      BTN: $11.91
      Hero (SB): $9.83

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) T:spade: 5:diamond: A:spade:
      Hero bets $0.28, BB calls $0.28

Turn: ($0.96, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.64, Hero calls $0.64

River: ($2.24, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, BB checks

Hero shows A:diamond: Q:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens)
      BB mucks K:diamond: T:heart: (One Pair, Tens)

Hero wins $2.13

I leave you with the worlds worst slowroll

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      BR:$129.39

Well it has been a while since my last post, so just wanted to make an update.

I have been pretty stupid and lost 1/2 my roll since I last posted as well.

I run a home game on a sunday and crushed one guy in a HU tournament, so he invited me to play some HU cash where he continued to cooler me in 3 hands in about 15 mins at NL5 for 200bb each time.

1st hand i flop topset into a flopped straight and dont pair the board
      2nd hand top set into a turned flush, money went in on flop.
      3rd KQ vs KJ, board KKJ

:f_cry:

I insta quit after the third one becuase i didnt wanna tilt off the rest. Then some more play/run bad occurred, hence the short blog and poker break.

On a lighter note I just had a short winning session, up about 2BI or something.

Targets from last time

:spade: take shots at NL10 FR - attempted and FAILED after tiltbad/run bad

:heart: evaluate my play after EVERY session ( something I don’t do often enough out of laze) - beginning to do this, and more effectively after reading an article on evaluating sessions/hands etc

:diamond: Read at least one article, watch at least one video, do at least one column quiz - ticked -
      articles - turnplay and reviewing sessions
      video - NL5-10 BSS FR various sessions
      quiz - turnplay

New Targets

:spade: Again. Read at least 1 article, watch one video and do a least one column quiz

:heart: make 40K hands in the next 7 days

:diamond: watch a NL BSS liveplay/coaching session

:club: move my roll back to 888

Ill just leave you with a link to one of my favourite sites atm, If you are ever on tilt, then just read some of these articles. If you dont laugh at at least one, then I think you may be clinically dead

27b/6 Blockbuster late fees
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      gogogo

BUT... of course playing HU (high variance) with only ~30BI was not exactly the best move... just learn with your mistakes and keep pounding :f_thumbsup:
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      my ego got the better of me after getting goaded into it tbh. I should have more discipline.

thanks for the encouragement! :]
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Well its been a while since I posted in this blog but I'll try to get it started up again.

I kind of lost focus over the past few months with poker as I have had other things ( mainly my ex girlfriend, oh well more time for pokerz) to deal with. Oh and Gears of War 3 got in the way. I'm sure some people can appreciate that.

In good news I'm back on 888 and doing well. Since redepositing $129.39 there my BR now stands at $299.75

BR = 299.75
      +170.36

Targets from last post

:spade: Read at least 1 article, watch 1 video, do 1 quiz - doing the beginner's course so thats a tick :D

:heart: Make 40K hands in the next 7 days - I couldnt really be bothered finding out whether I would have achieved this on stars

:diamond: Watch NL BSS Coaching session - I pretty sure I watched a 6 max silver coaching session since then, so tick

:club: Move my roll back to 888 - Done :D

New Targets

:spade: Complete Lesson 6, NL BSS Beginners Course

:heart: Read/watch MTT related topic - I have managed to bink a £165 seat into the Birmingham leg of the 888 Superstack series at the end of the month 29th/30th October for about $12. So I will update in here, hopefully I will take it down :f_biggrin:

888 Superstack

ps, have a lonely island video

• DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Didn't realise you had a blog until now, but will definitely be following from now on. Nice rebuild so far, and gl of course :D
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Cheers buddy. Had a little break so I didnt update it for a long while. Thats probably why its slipped under the radar. It would be good to have some regular input on HH from yourself if you drop by.

So I played a long session last night hoping to catch some of the weekend warriors at the tables.Had an okay session up only 2BI only playing 2 tables because my laptop is having some cooling problems, so running 4 tables of a client plus PT3 is too taxing for my crappy laptop.

If anyone has any recommendations for good laptop cooling solutions then let me know.Moving on....

I seem to struggle with value maximisation sometimes and lose a shitload of value as a result. Here are two examples from my last session:

1)

Villain = 18/5/1.8af/23wtsd/ 1k hands

I have him marked as being LP but maybe he is a mix of LP/TP, not sure. The problem is he might limp with JJ and better 9x although unlikely. I cant see him raising the flop with a JX here as he is way too passive I think.

I guess I should just 3b/broke on the flop here, or try to c/r T+R. I am thinking about reducing variance rather than value maximization, which is not the way to approach it.

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players

UTG: $11.97
      UTG+1: $2.30
      MP: $10.35
      MP+1: $10.65
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $18.35
      SB: $6.63
      Hero (BB): $13.44

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 7:diamond: 9:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.10, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30, 3 players) 9:club: J:heart: 9:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.22, MP+1 raises to $0.72, fold, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.74, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $0.87, Hero calls $0.87

River: ($3.48, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $1.74, Hero calls $1.74

MP+1 shows A:diamond: A:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Nines) (Pre 84%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows 7:diamond: 9:heart: (Three of a Kind, Nines) (Pre 16%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins $6.62

2)

I missed out on value here big time in hindsight. Only hand 40 hands on villain so not a great sample size but he was kind of LP 70/0/3af/32wtsd

Obviously with him calling down I would imagine he was on some JX or heart draw. Runner runner spades is highly unlikely in which case I think his river bet would have been bigger.

At the time I wasn't sure whether I could b/c a large raise here so I went for c/c to bluff induce the missed heart draw. Which is kind of stupid since I dont have that many hands and I should think he would not bluff a missed draw very often on the River if he is LP.

In hindsight b/c 1/2-2/3 pot would be the best line on the river I think. If he has runner runnered it for the flush or hit a straight on the turn then UL?

Incidentally is c/r river an option? I didn't really see him having a hand he could call a river c/r with. Especially since I only think he bluffs it on the river therefore he cant really have much to call with and so its pointless.

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players

UTG+1: $5.39
      MP: $11.33
      MP+1: $12.87
      LP: $10.17
      CO: $10.04
      BTN: $7.88
      SB: $9.90
      BB: $4.80
      Hero (UTG): $10.90

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 6:spade: 6:club:

Hero calls $0.10, fold, MP calls $0.10, fold, LP calls $0.10, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.50, 5 players) 6:heart: 3:spade: J:heart:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.37, MP calls $0.37, fold, fold, fold

Turn: ($1.24, 2 players) 4:spade:
      Hero bets $0.93, MP calls $0.93

River: ($3.10, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

MP shows A:club: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 81%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows 6:spade: 6:club: (Three of a Kind, Sixes) (Pre 19%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins $4.85

BR = 321.13
      +21.38

Got my local pub poker league tonight £5+1 MTT SNG. Was crushing it last week but blinds got every to about 5-7bb on the final table and I busted when I open shoved Q :spade: 6 :spade: from SB into BB who had me slighlty covered. He called w/ his KTo and his K-hi held. C'est la vie :f_cool:

Confident of crushing it again this evening so I'll post later on with the results. If I go out ill try to convince some of the fish to play a cash game muhhhahhaaha !!!!!

wish me luck.
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Hand 1:

Your line is fine imo, if you don't think there's anything worse he's calling a raise with then check/calling down is fine. He's probably not folding QQ-AA if you re-raise the flop, but putting him on QQ+ is difficult because well, who limps that, and as you say it's much more likely there's 9x in his limping range (ie 98s+, etc).

Hand 2:

I really, really don't like limping pre - ever! With small pocket pairs im either raising or folding UTG, and 66 is probably the very bottom of my UTG opening range with regards to pocket pairs. If there's fish in the blinds or the blinds are fairly deep, that sorta thing, I might look at opening 55+, but yeah never open limping. It just turns your hand face up, I love seeing regs open limping because it's so obvious what they have and you can just open raise a large range pre flop and take it down with a cbet a huge % of the time when they miss, and if they play back they always have it so it's sooo easy to play against.

As played, I like the donk on the flop and the turn bet, but im betting river here I think. Something like ~$2.25, and more than likely calling if raised on the river. Only flushes in his range really are TJs, QJs and AJs (with the latter likely to raise flop), because no other spades call the flop. This only makes up a small proportion of his range, as he could raise hands like 2 pair on the river, missed draws, undersets, horribly played premiums (but lets not be results orientated :D ). I just think you miss value by not betting, as he's often checking behind Jx/Kx sorta hands that may call a bet on the river, especially against a 70/0 fish.

Merely my opinion of course, apologies for rambling on a bit haha. Oh, and I hope you made a note on both players (particularly the reg in the first hand) about limping AA in MP :f_biggrin:
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      :spade: Thanks m8, I really appreciate the input. Yeah hand 1 is close but I felt sick when he showed me AA, maybe thats results orientated since I should have stacked him there. But I think he's capable of JJ or 9x there.

:spade: Hand 2

I disagree. In 6-max we obviously OR 22+ from any position but FR I sometimes open limp if I have tight regs to my left who will 3bet me often. I agree it turns our hand face up BUT

you can just open raise a large range pre flop and take it down with a cbet a huge % of the time when they miss, and if they play back they always have it so it's sooo easy to play against

I think we do have the option to check/raise bluff dry boards to balance the times we check raise with a set.

lets say I open limp UTG again, CO raises to like 5BB folds back to and I call. We are HU to the flop comes K27r. In these spots villain will c-bet regularly so if we c/r bluff 2.5x or 3x we can often get a fold. Obviously If villain calls IP we give up unimproved. Also we might get a free T+R sometimes.

Obviously this is opponent and situation dependent. I.e we choose opponents who c-bet often, the board is dry and our opponent can fold.

I agree this situation is rare and mostly I'm check folding. Usually I open 77+ UTG and wider if I dont have good opponents who will 3b me off my pair. Then I open 22+. In this spot I can only assume I had a good aggressive opponent to my left.

In general though I do agree this line is very easy to exploit. I do it myself.

but im betting river here I think. Something like ~$2.25, and more than likely calling if raised on the river. Only flushes in his range really are TJs, QJs and AJs (with the latter likely to raise flop), because no other spades call the flop. This only makes up a small proportion of his range, as he could raise hands like 2 pair on the river, missed draws, undersets, horribly played premiums (but lets not be results orientated ). I just think you miss value by not betting, as he's often checking behind Jx/Kx sorta hands that may call a bet on the river, especially against a 70/0 fish.

With this I agree 100%. I knew he would rarely have the flush here so if I check, I'm checking to c/r and if I'm betting I should be b/c'ing. Why I didn't follow through I dont know

Lesson learned :f_p:

Oh, and I hope you made a note on both players (particularly the reg in the first hand) about limping AA in MP

and yes I noted this, very fishy. So when he limp 3b's in future he is massive.

:spade: In other news, I just got back from the little SNG at my local. 2/18 for £36 profit. Me and the other guy chopped it HU and played for £5 since it was late. Stacks were short and even.

Anyway, after a few hands got 67 in BB. SB completes and I check. Flop is 67Tr. I bet he raises I jam, he calls. He shows 89 obv :f_eek:

That was that no 6/7 to fill up.

:spade: I said above that I have a live tournament at the end of the month, which I'm looking forward to. In addition, I've got a little regional finals for a pub poker league in stoke next sunday. These things are usually crapshoots so I'll have to run super good, only £10, small field and £1K added to the prizepool by the casino. So there's some value in it. If not I hope they have some locals playing cash.

Anyway I'll keep you guys updated on that as well.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Last time I posted I said that I would have a few tournaments coming up in the next couple of weeks.

Played the 1st of these today. 116 runners, £1k added £10 FO, 8K starting stacks with 20 min levels. Standard was pretty bad, so I was disappointed not to have done better. I think I played very well. I didn't feel like I made any big mistakes. Variance just got the better of me :( .

In the ME first big hand came in the 2nd level. Blinds were 50/100 and I had about 8800 chips. I have MP3 covered slighlty, think he has about 7-8K.

Dealt KQo on the BU and it 1 player limps in MP to the very LAGy player in MP3 (he had been opening almost every pot that wasn't opened before him) who decides to make it 400. I decided to flat call, as 3betting might have folded out worse hands and isolated me against better and the MP player limps.

3 to the flop, 1200 + 150 = 1350 roughly

I couldn't recall the board exactly but this is to the best of my memory:

(pot ~ 1350)
      F: A :club: 4 :spade: 7 :club:

MP checks, villain bets ~600 , I decided to float and flat call, MP folds

(pot ~ 2550)
      T: 8 :spade:

Villain checks to me and I bet 1500, villain calls again......uh oh, best put the brakes on I guess

(pot: ~ 5550)
      R: T :heart: or something similar, I know it didnt complete FD's and there was no paint.

Villain checks.....

So I'm the river with K-high. I guess I should just give up now, but the only way I can win the pot now is by?????

betting!!!

I figured I could get him to fold weak pairs, since my image was very solid. I had played very few hands.

I bet 2700 and he tanks and folds. YAY! :f_biggrin: , says he folded A2. Niice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't really have any hands of note until 400/800. I had about 13,300 so was looking to get the moniez in.

UTG makes it 3K to go and I look down at QQ in UTG+1. Clearly move all-in. BU shoves maybe 9-10K or something, I have him covered anyway. UTG has us both covered, tanks and calls.

UTG shows JJ
      BU shows AA :facepalm:

No help on the F,T/R but I ended up staying alive with about 10BB or something.

Shortly after I managed to open shove 22 in the CO and get called by AKo in the BB. Board blanks and my 22 holds up to double through. So I was briefly back to 20BB before the blinds increased again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I end up getting moved. The antes get introduced and I shove a few hands AQo, AQs, and 44's to keep myself alive.

The final blow comes when it folds to me on BU with A4o with around 6BB and I shove and get called by KJo and the Turn is a K to seal the deal.

Finished about 40th/116.

Oh well, off to the cash tables. I spy with my little eye something beginning with f.... :f_ugly:

...................................................................................................................

The only game they had on was NL100 1/1, but the table was filled with pub poker players, easy game.

I sat down w/ £50 all I had on me at the time.

1st big hand:

Eff stacks with MP3 are like 40BB since he was slightly shorter stacked with about £40

K :diamond: J :spade: on the CO

UTG straddles to £2, fold, fold, MP2 calls £2, MP3Calls £2, Hero raises to £10, BU folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls £8

(Pot: £28)
      Flop: 7 :diamond: 5 :diamond: 7 : :spade:

MP3 checks, I check behind

(Pot: £28)
      Turn: J :diamond:

MP3 bets £13, and I call since he can sometimes have 55, 7x or AJ maybe. In addition I am not too scared of the FD since I have the K :diamond: and he can often go broke with worse flushes if he makes it. Of course he can also have A :diamond: Xx

I guess a better line given his stack:pot size would have been to just raise him all in on the flop to get value from worse pairs and draws, clearly I am committed to any bets he makes on the river.NVM

(Pot: £54)
      River: 8 :diamond:

Villain checks, I bet his remaining £17, he calls

MP3 shows 9 :spade: T :spade: for a straight
      I win £88 with King High Flush

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, I had leave shortly after when my friend bubbled the ME and said he wanted to go.

I said I would play 15 more mins and immediately get dealt:

A :spade: A :club: in the CO (boom!)
      with about £100

UTG raises to £3, some folds, Loose Passive MP3 calls £3, Hero raises to £12, folds back to UTG, UTG calls £8, MP3 calls £8

(Pot: £38)
      Flop: K :diamond: 9 :diamond: 7 :heart:

UTG checks, MP3 bets £5 and is All-in, Hero raises to £32, UTG tanks and folds

(Pot: £48)
      Turn: Blank, lets say 2 :spade:
      River: J :heart:

MP3 shows KJo for two pair and wins £48

so I finshed on about £80 not too bad +£30 on the cash -£10 on the MTT, so +£20 on the day. Not too bad, just a shame I didnt win more and couldn't stay longer :(

Confidence is high now for 888 Birmingam Superstack next weekend. £165 BI (satellited in for $12) deep stacks and slow structure, but I am assuming the standard will be much high for this.

Wish me luck :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Sweet.

The regional finals always made variance have the best of me... unfortunately, that means I was always too pissed off with villains catching two outers after the flop - enough to make cash tables a bad idea.

Keep it up!
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Lol. These Pub poker things are usually pretty mickey mouse, gotta run pretty god damn good to win...as with most MTT's. I understand variance is pretty high in them. The same reason I couldn't hack grinding SNG's.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Just a quick post after getting in from the Star city casino in Birmingham for the 888 superstack.

Structure was a bit weird 30 min levels 20K starting stack starting at 25/50 so 400BB!!

Antes got introduced early so it quickly became quite a shallow tournament which is a disappointment.

Went busto after the 2nd break though when my AA got snapped.

Blinds 300/600 50 ante I had roughly 25K and villain had me covered so effective stacks were about 38 BB. Action folded to the BU, who had been very active. He makes it 2700 to go, SB folds and I make it a little under 3x to 7500. Villain snaps my 3b off w/ A :club: J :club:

Pot: (15600)
      Flop: K :club: 4 :club: 4 :diamond:

I bet 9500, shoves I call and he binks a :club: on the turn for the winner.

Pretty gutted though because the field was low (less than 100 runners) with about £4700 for 1st. Had I wont that pot I would have been in pretty good shape for a deep run.

Played some cash but not for long as was tilting after a while and the locals were colluding by soft playing each other, continuously speaking in foreign languages and checking back the nuts on the river IP, and the dealers and card room manager did nothing about it.

Played some £1/2 in for £170 and finished £220 so +£50. But It was not a good game to say the least, complained to to card room manager and said he's now losing rake because of it so WP.

NVM was still fun and if I can satellite in for cheap again I will give some of the other legs a whirl.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Time to get this blog up and running again. I think it will be a good way of tracking my progress and keeping me motivated to work on my game. All I want to do at the moment is play hands but I have some massive leaks in my game and just watching videos, reading a few articles and posting some hands will do me no end of good I think.

I originally played FR as you can see in previous posts but I just nitted my way to success and I don't think I was a particularly good player, not that I've improved vastly ( I seem to be sucking quite hard atm). Anyway, going forward I will be playing SH cash, mainly zoom at stars and MTTs. I plan on using this blog as a productivity thread as well and get back to work on schnitzelfish's threads. I also hope to record some short or edited sessions for people to comment and review, hopefully that will make it a bit more interesting.

Weekly Goals - w/b 15/05/13

1. Read, summarise and make notes on at least 1 article
      2. Watch and make notes on at least one video
      3. Attend at least 1 live coaching
      4. record and post a live session in this blog
      5. play at least 3 NL5SH sessions
      6. Review every session played and post at least 5 hands from each
      7. Update blog 29/05
      8. Complete another section of productivity thread and update
      9. Find a sweat session partner - anyone playing uNLSH
      10. read/comment/evaluate 5 HH's each session review

I'll try to post some bonus content such as funny videos / music etc to keep things interesting. Ill finish this 1st post off with my exit to a SCOOP event last night which I entered using FPP's pretty annoying:

PokerStars - $10+$1|75/150 Ante 20 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG+2: 13,176 (VPIP: 26.67, PFR: 11.11, 3Bet Preflop: 4.76, Hands: 45)
      MP: 5,360 (VPIP: 20.93, PFR: 11.63, 3Bet Preflop: 6.15, Hands: 130)
      MP+1: 2,625 (VPIP: 6.67, PFR: 4.65, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 46)
      CO: 17,166 (VPIP: 23.85, PFR: 17.83, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 130)
      BTN: 13,986 (VPIP: 19.51, PFR: 9.02, 3Bet Preflop: 5.66, Hands: 123)
      SB: 6,729 (VPIP: 13.95, PFR: 10.85, 3Bet Preflop: 1.92, Hands: 130)
      Hero (BB): 8,312
      UTG: 10,581 (VPIP: 31.78, PFR: 21.71, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 130)
      UTG+1: 539 (VPIP: 8.85, PFR: 7.96, 3Bet Preflop: 1.82, Hands: 115)

9 players post ante of 20, SB posts SB 75, Hero posts BB 150

Pre Flop: (pot: 405) Hero has A:spade: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to 300, fold, fold, Hero raises to 900, CO calls 600

Flop: (2,055, 2 players) Q:heart: K:heart: A:diamond:
      Hero bets 1,350, CO calls 1,350

Turn: (4,755, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets 1,050, Hero raises to 3,750, CO raises to 14,896 and is all-in, Hero calls 2,292 and is all-in

River: (16,839, 2 players) 4:spade:

Hero shows A:spade: A:club: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 78%, Flop 35%, Turn 23%)
      CO shows T:diamond: J:diamond: (Straight, Ace High) (Pre 22%, Flop 65%, Turn 77%)
      CO wins 16,839
    • luckydont
      luckydont
      Gold
      Originally posted by muel294
      Time to get this blog up and running again.
      Maybe again? =)
      how is it going?