[NL20-NL50] [50NLSH] KQo on btn vs LAG station.

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I feel I played this horribly. How do I best go about getting value for my hand without exposing myself on the turn and river? I feel like cbetting the flop any bigger would be a big leak. I cbet the turn, which felt like a good idea of the time, but considering the nature of villain, I doubt i'l be getting him to fold anything other than bottom set there.

so what do you do on the turn/river? also, is there any merit in overbetting the flop vs this type of player? (eg $12.50 into $9.55 on flop)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($50)
      BB ($50)
      CO ($91.04)
      Hero ($60.07)

Dealt to Hero K:club: Q:spade:

CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.40, fold, fold, CO calls $2.90

FLOP ($9.55) 5:diamond: 9:heart: Q:diamond:

CO checks, Hero bets $6.75, CO calls $6.75

TURN ($23.05) 5:diamond: 9:heart: Q:diamond: 8:diamond:

CO checks, Hero bets $9, CO calls $9

RIVER ($41.05) 5:diamond: 9:heart: Q:diamond: 8:diamond: 6:diamond:

CO bets $20.52, Hero folds

CO wins $39.05
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      How do I best go about getting value for my hand without exposing myself on the turn and river?
      - are you going to shove river after you bet turn? If not then I think you can also check back for turn on pot control and then call on blank turn card. If you are comfortable he would call you down then you can also b/f turn, although I´d prefer to bet there at least half the potsize

also, is there any merit in overbetting the flop vs this type of player?
      - I don´t really like overbetting flop, since you don´t have to protect your hand that much and you´re never really overbetting as bluff