noob qestion: Can u fold KK preflop?(heads up)

• idiopatic
      idiopatic
      Bronze
      Hello, i just wonder, is it correct to fold KK preflop?( microstakes)
      say a guy raises from UTG and you 3bet him w KK, everyone else folds and he min 4bets. You now that he is fishy but you don't have history with him, and you have that feeling he always has AA.
      I think from math perspective going all in is the best play cause KK vs AA equals AA vs KK in the long run :D making play profitable when he has AK or QQ(rare).
      i folded KK pre because i had a feeling (tell) the other guy had AA although no history, and now i think it was stupid.
      What do you think?
  • 25 replies
    • Holdemfreakie
      Holdemfreakie
      Bronze
      I think you can't fold KK preflop on a cash table (headsup). most likely he has AQ / AK or a smaller pair, or he is simply just bluffing you cause he thinks you have nothing.
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      i've played around 100,000 hands of micro stakes cash and the only time i've ever folded kings pre flop was when a re raise fest-orgy has occurred before it came back to me...you cannot fold in the circumstances you described.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      I think you did well, usually min 4bets are aces. AK would have pushed all in for fold equity imo. You did what you thought was best, gz to you :)
    • Duyejo
      Duyejo
      Bronze
      i just red the topic , insta push pre hu INSTA INSTA INSTA !
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      wrong to fold heads up, esp vs fish with no history
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      do you mean HU, or just when a hand is you vs. 1 villain at a 6 or 9 max table? in your post you said "say a guy raises UTG". there is no utg in HU games
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      You folded Kings? :facepalm:

Seriously you only can fold it under the circumstances described by LONGPLAY66. You had a "Feeling?" Oh crap!
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      I think you did well, usually min 4bets are aces. AK would have pushed all in for fold equity imo. You did what you thought was best, gz to you :)
      You serious? :f_confused:

Just shove AI pre, especially against fishy players. No need to fold KK, unles you have some sick reads.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      [img]http://files.redux.com/images/bc4cb2d18aeb36e8e218829d24ed3978/raw[/img]
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      You serious? :f_confused:

Just shove AI pre, especially against fishy players. No need to fold KK, unles you have some sick reads.
      +1. It's profitable to push all in with KK if he 3bets 2.5% of his range.

you must always call, unless you got a sick read or lots of hands of a huge nit which means accurate ranges.
    • rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      You should have pushed all in, because even if your opponent is 4betting tight (ie: AKo, QQ+, AQs+) you still have 59% equity so you're ahead in the long run. Not to mention that most players are looser and more likely 4bet with roughly : AJo+, TT+, ATs+ and even KQs often; which gives you 68% equity, so you're a definite favourite in the long run!
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Are you joking 3bet shove HU. I 3bet shoved a set on the flop only to have V river a full house.And I would do it again every time. Later flopped a full house 3bet shoved into quads and i would still do it again.
      First case was AK against AA. Multi way pot. We were both calling a ss all-in. Second was 10's vs 77's flop was 10 7 7.

Remember you have no control over the cards post flop,only your chips.
    • idiopatic
      idiopatic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      do you mean HU, or just when a hand is you vs. 1 villain at a 6 or 9 max table? in your post you said "say a guy raises UTG". there is no utg in HU games
      Me vs villain in a FR or SH ring game.

yep, like i said i folded kings one time and i felt stupid afterwards.
      Anyway, i've reached to the conclusion that folding kings is by far a bigger mistake than pushin all in against the ultimate nit. :D
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      "Can u fold KK preflop?( heads up)?"

Sure you can! But it would be a hell of a stupid thing to do.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      [img]http://files.redux.com/images/bc4cb2d18aeb36e8e218829d24ed3978/raw[/img]
      +750
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Originally posted by diversfx
      Are you joking 3bet shove HU. I 3bet shoved a set on the flop only to have V river a full house.And I would do it again every time. Later flopped a full house 3bet shoved into quads and i would still do it again.
      First case was AK against AA. Multi way pot. We were both calling a ss all-in. Second was 10's vs 77's flop was 10 7 7.

Remember you have no control over the cards post flop,only your chips.
      wow...so unexpected.

i like it...

+1
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      easy shove, even if he has AA, you have 20% equity.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      It will happen once every 220 times to get into aces there, so he can swear on his mother's grave he's got AA and i still don't believe him.
    • Pokstaz
      Pokstaz
      Bronze
      EASY snap call