This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

noob qestion: Can u fold KK preflop?(heads up)

• idiopatic
      idiopatic
      Bronze
      Hello, i just wonder, is it correct to fold KK preflop?( microstakes)
      say a guy raises from UTG and you 3bet him w KK, everyone else folds and he min 4bets. You now that he is fishy but you don't have history with him, and you have that feeling he always has AA.
      I think from math perspective going all in is the best play cause KK vs AA equals AA vs KK in the long run :D making play profitable when he has AK or QQ(rare).
      i folded KK pre because i had a feeling (tell) the other guy had AA although no history, and now i think it was stupid.
      What do you think?
  • 25 replies
    • Holdemfreakie
      Holdemfreakie
      Bronze
      I think you can't fold KK preflop on a cash table (headsup). most likely he has AQ / AK or a smaller pair, or he is simply just bluffing you cause he thinks you have nothing.
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      i've played around 100,000 hands of micro stakes cash and the only time i've ever folded kings pre flop was when a re raise fest-orgy has occurred before it came back to me...you cannot fold in the circumstances you described.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      I think you did well, usually min 4bets are aces. AK would have pushed all in for fold equity imo. You did what you thought was best, gz to you :)
    • Duyejo
      Duyejo
      Bronze
      i just red the topic , insta push pre hu INSTA INSTA INSTA !
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      wrong to fold heads up, esp vs fish with no history
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      do you mean HU, or just when a hand is you vs. 1 villain at a 6 or 9 max table? in your post you said "say a guy raises UTG". there is no utg in HU games
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      You folded Kings? :facepalm:

Seriously you only can fold it under the circumstances described by LONGPLAY66. You had a "Feeling?" Oh crap!
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      I think you did well, usually min 4bets are aces. AK would have pushed all in for fold equity imo. You did what you thought was best, gz to you :)
      You serious? :f_confused:

Just shove AI pre, especially against fishy players. No need to fold KK, unles you have some sick reads.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      [img]http://files.redux.com/images/bc4cb2d18aeb36e8e218829d24ed3978/raw[/img]
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      You serious? :f_confused:

Just shove AI pre, especially against fishy players. No need to fold KK, unles you have some sick reads.
      +1. It's profitable to push all in with KK if he 3bets 2.5% of his range.

you must always call, unless you got a sick read or lots of hands of a huge nit which means accurate ranges.
    • rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      You should have pushed all in, because even if your opponent is 4betting tight (ie: AKo, QQ+, AQs+) you still have 59% equity so you're ahead in the long run. Not to mention that most players are looser and more likely 4bet with roughly : AJo+, TT+, ATs+ and even KQs often; which gives you 68% equity, so you're a definite favourite in the long run!
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Bronze
      Are you joking 3bet shove HU. I 3bet shoved a set on the flop only to have V river a full house.And I would do it again every time. Later flopped a full house 3bet shoved into quads and i would still do it again.
      First case was AK against AA. Multi way pot. We were both calling a ss all-in. Second was 10's vs 77's flop was 10 7 7.

Remember you have no control over the cards post flop,only your chips.
    • idiopatic
      idiopatic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51
      do you mean HU, or just when a hand is you vs. 1 villain at a 6 or 9 max table? in your post you said "say a guy raises UTG". there is no utg in HU games
      Me vs villain in a FR or SH ring game.

yep, like i said i folded kings one time and i felt stupid afterwards.
      Anyway, i've reached to the conclusion that folding kings is by far a bigger mistake than pushin all in against the ultimate nit. :D
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      "Can u fold KK preflop?( heads up)?"

Sure you can! But it would be a hell of a stupid thing to do.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      [img]http://files.redux.com/images/bc4cb2d18aeb36e8e218829d24ed3978/raw[/img]
      +750
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Originally posted by diversfx
      Are you joking 3bet shove HU. I 3bet shoved a set on the flop only to have V river a full house.And I would do it again every time. Later flopped a full house 3bet shoved into quads and i would still do it again.
      First case was AK against AA. Multi way pot. We were both calling a ss all-in. Second was 10's vs 77's flop was 10 7 7.

Remember you have no control over the cards post flop,only your chips.
      wow...so unexpected.

i like it...

+1
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      easy shove, even if he has AA, you have 20% equity.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      It will happen once every 220 times to get into aces there, so he can swear on his mother's grave he's got AA and i still don't believe him.
    • Pokstaz
      Pokstaz
      Bronze
      EASY snap call