[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Good spot to double barrel?

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Nearly folded pre-flop, don't like playing out of position without any kind of inititive. The min-raise also looks a little scary, its often a fairly marginal raising hand or pretty much the nuts (from a relaatively small sample size, let me know if thats incorrect).

After villian checked back the flop I figured he didn't have a stong hand. Couldn't believe he would check back an over-pair.

On the turn I attempted to take what I hoped was uncontested money, then given the call I hoped that a bet on the river would get all A highs, middle pairs & missed flush draws to fold.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      UTG1:
      $0.3
      MP1:
      $0.92

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , Q:heart: . UTG1 posts a blind of $0.02.
      UTG1 checks, UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.04, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.02, UTG1 folds.

Flop: ($0.11) J:heart: , 8:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($0.11) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.07, MP1 calls $0.07.

River: ($0.25) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.25
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Don't like it at all. It's near freeplay pot and you don't have anything here. Rather just Check/Fold it and let it be.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      So check/fold all free play pots that I don't hit?

Can't help but think that there are some board textures where it will be profitable to bluff & takedown uncontested pot especially heads up?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So check/fold all free play pots that I don't hit?

But what worse hand is going to fold on turn? Or what better hand is going to fold?
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      I'm perhaps a little more likely to fold to a bet here than a average player, but personally I'm folding better hands/hands with equity against me on the turn such as:

Any A high hand without a spade.

Flush draws below an 8.

Straight draws (there are a few gut shots), assuming I haven't hit the board in another way.

May struggle to call with bottom/lowest pair & no flush draw. Given hoq wet the board is I would be more likely to call with 'any pair'.