This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Good spot to double barrel?

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Nearly folded pre-flop, don't like playing out of position without any kind of inititive. The min-raise also looks a little scary, its often a fairly marginal raising hand or pretty much the nuts (from a relaatively small sample size, let me know if thats incorrect).

After villian checked back the flop I figured he didn't have a stong hand. Couldn't believe he would check back an over-pair.

On the turn I attempted to take what I hoped was uncontested money, then given the call I hoped that a bet on the river would get all A highs, middle pairs & missed flush draws to fold.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      UTG1:
      $0.3
      MP1:
      $0.92

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , Q:heart: . UTG1 posts a blind of $0.02.
      UTG1 checks, UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.04, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.02, UTG1 folds.

Flop: ($0.11) J:heart: , 8:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($0.11) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.07, MP1 calls $0.07.

River: ($0.25) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.25
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Don't like it at all. It's near freeplay pot and you don't have anything here. Rather just Check/Fold it and let it be.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      So check/fold all free play pots that I don't hit?

Can't help but think that there are some board textures where it will be profitable to bluff & takedown uncontested pot especially heads up?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So check/fold all free play pots that I don't hit?

But what worse hand is going to fold on turn? Or what better hand is going to fold?
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      I'm perhaps a little more likely to fold to a bet here than a average player, but personally I'm folding better hands/hands with equity against me on the turn such as:

Any A high hand without a spade.

Flush draws below an 8.

Straight draws (there are a few gut shots), assuming I haven't hit the board in another way.

May struggle to call with bottom/lowest pair & no flush draw. Given hoq wet the board is I would be more likely to call with 'any pair'.