security

• Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      I ve created an acc for betfair via ps yesterday . after my deposit (like couple hrs later ) i got a phone call that was saying it was from betfair to verify me . i answered the simple questions like name / adress etc but then he asked me for the answer of the secret security question . At first i was hesitating to give that since with that any1 can change my pass but i saw in their site that they had the right to ask that so i answered. after that i called their support to ask if that was a standard politic of the company and if i should worry and they confirmed that they have the right to ask that .

But i am still a bit insecure ,do u any of u have a similar experience ? and is there a way to change the security question ? it seems i cant find that in my profile.

i find it really fishy that a company asks for an information that have the ability to change your pass
  • 1 reply
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Schris7,

I know what you mean. I had this once on one of the rooms (not sure if it was Betfair or someone else) and was a little unnerved myself.

I actually turned it around and asked them a couple of questions that they would only know if an official poker room employee from the limited information I had provided on registering.
      They didn't seem to mind at all and it quickly became clear that they were a genuine poker room staff member.

I guess at the end of the day, they are just checking that we are who we said we were and are human (not a bot) etc.
      I'm all for security measures, but agree that a call out of the blue is a little disconcerting. PokerStrategy.com for example always arranges a convenient time to call when this is necessary as part of the ID check process. I think this helps to reassure members that it is a genuine call.

In terms of the poker rooms, I now tend to provide my email address but only provide my telephone number if a requirement and never if just an option.

You can change most personal details, including password via the "My Account" link at the bottom of the lobby. From here click on the "My Profile" tab on the left.
      I'm guessing that you would need to contact Betfair's support team to change the actual security questions and responses however.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart