Money just gone - anyone had this problem?

• evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Earlier today i decided to try 888 poker. So i downloaded the software got my free $8 and liked the site. So I decided to deposit some money. When I deposited $100 via neteller it took forever. Eventually it said that the deposit was being proceessed. 30minutes later it was declined as I exceeded a depost limit ($100? really?). Anyway thats fine.

the problem is that according to my neteller account, TWO deposits of $100 each went through and were accepted by 888 (or the parent company anyway). The money is not in either my 888 or neteller account anymore.

Anyone have this happen before? I know neteller was down for a while today so hopefully they are just catching up and will fix it soon. I have contacted both 888 and neteller but no reply yet :(

On the bright side, since then I have done a successfull deposit at the site and am up $40 :)
  • 25 replies
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      epic weirdness.would like to see the reasons behind this,netellers and 888s.i can say about neteller support that it's freaking great,they are very nice and patient and will go out of their way to recover any money lost.can't speak for 888,never used it.

good job on the 40$
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      they are both reputable companies so my guess is that the money gonna turn up at one end or the other. The question is really how long is it going to take.

I probably would call the support on both side telling them the situation to see if you can get some answers of where and when is the money gonna turn up. And to what happened.

Please let us know :)
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      thanks. will let you know ohow i get on. Im not worried about it to much. im sure i will get it back. just curious to know if this happens to others
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Well I feel like I am the sucker in a Monty Python routine. Below is the emails back and forth with 888 so far. To top it all off, they have now disabled my account without even an email to tell me why. Before that turned my original $70 into $233. So someone has $433 of mine an I am losing confidence that I will ever see it again, At least Full tilt let me play for a couple of years before locking up my $550 there.

from the start
      Fom888
      > Thank you for depositing into your 888poker account using NETELLER.
      > Your transaction could not be processed as you have exceeded the deposit limits.

> Sincerely,
      > Daniel Wade
      I requested one deposit of $100. But two transfers from my neteller account occured and i the money has been taken out of my account. Now I have this email declining my deposit becuase the limit is exceeded ($100 to much?)
      I appreciate that this could be an error at netellers end, but can you please confirm to me that you did not receive any funds?
      Please check with Neteller the reason for the decline due to our limits for Neteller are higher than $100.
      If you require further assistance in this or any other matter, please feel free to contact us.
      Can you please confirm that the depost that was approved was for $70? I ask this becuase neteller has three transactions that neteller say were approved. Two for $100 (even though i only deposited this once) and one for $70 whcih went through ok. Only the $70 is in my 888 poker account. My apolgise for being a pain, but im sure you understand that at the moment im $200 out of pocket. I'm sure its a glitch in the system (netellers by the look of it) but i am just trying to get as much info together to try and get my money back.
      Please accept my most sincere apologies for the delay in our response. We have experienced a large number of enquiries lately and have been unable to respect our usual timeframe, as we would have preferred.
      Upon reviewing your account I have noticed you have 2 transactions dated July 8th with Neteller. One of 70$, that is approved and the other of 100$ that has been declined by Neteller. You can check this information yourself by clicking on Cashier, choosing History and then Deposits. If the money for the latter has been taken from your Neteller account, I kindly ask you to send us a proof so we can investigate. We look forward to hearing your reply and I thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.
      Arne, your satisfaction is our top priority and we are always willing to listen and understand our member's needs and concerns. We value your time and thank you for your patience.
      Thanks for looking into this for me.
      Arne, I thank you for your patience and cooperation, and trust that this matter will be resolved shortly.
      thanks
      I have reviewed your account and I can only see two transactions via Neteller the $100 was declined and $70 was approved, if you’re seeing other transactions please forward a document showing proof of payment so that it can be investigated further.
      Thanks for getting back to me. We seem to be going around in circles here. Please see the below email chain for what has occured to date. I have again attached the neteller screenshot that shows that TWO time $100 was sent to 888 poker and accepted. I understand that ONE x $100 was declined according to 888 Poker, however according to neteller TWO x $100 deposite were accepted by 888. Neteller has provided the following two transaction IDs to help located the money.
      The last email from 888 poker said that this was being referred to the technical department.
      transaction ID code XXXXXXXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Arne, thank you for being our member, I apologize for the late response to your query this is due to the large influx of mail in our system at present, thank you for your patience.

I would like to inform you that I sent your case to the relevant department along with your proof of payment from Neteller and I will kindly ask you to allow up to 5 working days foe an answer regarding your issue.

Hmmm it doesn't look great, although surely deposit, withdrawal and playing logs show that if you deposited, never played with the money and never withdrew it, then surely it should be in your account :) I'm sure they can't disprove that :)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Evertonroar

I have moved your thread to the 888 forums and reported the issue to the wonderful Ingrid. The issue will be escalated and I hope be resolved soon

thanks for your patience

Regards

Thazar
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi evertonroar,

Sigh, took some time to get through your explanation regarding this unfortunate situation. :(

I have a few questions:

- You provided both 888poker and NETELLER with the relevant screen shots right?
      - Where's the ball now? :D you're waiting for 888poker to come back and reply whether the transactions are being declined/approved?

I suggest, you send me the documents/screen shots to my email address:ingrid.nagy@pokerstartegy.com and I'll escalate it for you.

Ingrid
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Thanks guys. And thanks for looking into this for me Ingrid. I have sent you an email.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      Thanks guys. And thanks for looking into this for me Ingrid. I have sent you an email.
      Thank you. I've received it and will forward it now to the relevant department. Now we can cross our fingers/toes :D
    • delbojj
      delbojj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      they are both reputable companies ...........
      Don't know if I could agree with that. I have poker account on few sites and never have any problems with deposits. I open an account on 888poker also, try to deposit via paysafe and after some time receive message that my deposit was declined. After that I contact their online support and they tell me that my deposit wasn't declined by them. They checked my paysafe card and said that with card is everything ok and suggest me to try again. I try again, but the result was the same. I deposit with same paysafe card on Pokerstars few minutes later without any problems.
      The other thing that bother me on this site is their 8& promotion, which is not available for all players, but only for players from selected countries. It's almost like they said: "Come play here, give us your money, but you are not worth enough for our offer, you are from lower class. " :D
      This is not how a reputable company making business.

Sorry evertonroar for posting in your theme, but have to say something about poker888. Hope you will get your money back soon. :)
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delbojj
      Originally posted by thazar
      they are both reputable companies ...........
      Don't know if I could agree with that. I have poker account on few sites and never have any problems with deposits. I open an account on 888poker also, try to deposit via paysafe and after some time receive message that my deposit was declined. After that I contact their online support and they tell me that my deposit wasn't declined by them. They checked my paysafe card and said that with card is everything ok and suggest me to try again. I try again, but the result was the same. I deposit with same paysafe card on Pokerstars few minutes later without any problems.
      The other thing that bother me on this site is their 8& promotion, which is not available for all players, but only for players from selected countries. It's almost like they said: "Come play here, give us your money, but you are not worth enough for our offer, you are from lower class. " :D
      This is not how a reputable company making business.

Sorry evertonroar for posting in your theme, but have to say something about poker888. Hope you will get your money back soon. :)
      no problem. actually with my account still disabled, no email to tell me why and no reply to any of my emails for two days I am begining to agree with you. Shame to as its the only site I have really liked since full tilt went down.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi evertonroar,

We are checking it for you and will post here as soon as I received a reply.

Ingrid
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Thanks Ingrid. I know it takes time.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      This is ridiculous, hope you get it sorted.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      Thanks Ingrid. I know it takes time.
      Yes and because its weekend in Israel already, we probably get an answer on Sunday or Monday. Thank you for your patience :heart:

Ingrid
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      We have some progress :) :) :) :) my friend called and we discussed my prediciment. He mentioed that 888 poker have a toll free number in Australia. (guess i should have tried that first :f_o: ). Sorry Ingrid, I couldnt be patient (hey my xbox also broke so i was bored :) )

The operator told me that they had received an email from me requesting that they close they account. And they had replied saying ok done. Neither of these two things happened so really not sure what went on. Operator also though it was strange why I would not withdraw my money before requesting a close. Anyway while I was on the phone they opened the account. The orginal issue is not resolved by at least I can play again :)

:]
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Ok great to hear, :f_biggrin: looking into the second part of your problem :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi evertonroar,

So to make it 100% clear, what is the issue now? From what I could understand, this is what happened:

- You deposited $100
      - NETELLER says they sent $200 to 888poker
      - 888poker closed the account
      - 888poker reopened the account
      - 888poker accepted one $100 deposit, which was the money the you actually invested (clearly the NETELLER error has been noticed and therefore the extra "virtual" $100 declined)

It doesn't seem right for us to be asking 888poker to credit $100 that we know don't exist. Or did I miss something along the way?

Sorry, just trying to clarify :)
      Ingrid
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Hi Ingrid,

To clarify:

- I tried to make a deposit of $100. 888 declined it.
      - Neteller shows TWO attempted deposits of $100 and shows BOTH of these as accepted by Casava/888poker. The first was at 02:47 the second at 02:50 on 06 August. Neteller has provided the ID transactions for these (I noted these in the email i sent you).
      - I then tried to make a depost of $70 (this was after 888 rejected the inital deposit but before i saw neteller had taken $200). This $70 was accepted by 888 and is what I have been playing with.
      - I still don't know why my account was closed but 888 opened it pretty quick after I rang them so not a big deal.
      - I have sent the transactions IDs to 888 poker as well as the neteller screen shot showning the accpeted transactions. They acknowledged my email but I have not heard back from them yet.

On the bright side my x-box is fixed and im on a upswing at 888 so not all bad :)

thanks heaps for helping on this