Mental Game Coaching with author/expert Jared Tendler

• JaredTendler
      JaredTendler
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey everyone,

As the games continue to become more competitive, more players are realizing how much value there is by working on their mental game. If you're going to work on your mental game, there's no one more qualified than me.

I'm the author of the groundbreaking new book, The Mental Game of Poker which covers tilt, coping with variance, confidence, fear, and motivation. Since I began specializing in poker in 2007, I've coached over 180 poker players from around the world, ranging from nosebleeds to low stakes (Testimonials below), and helped thousands more through Q&A threads like this one. I also write a monthly instructional column for WPT Magazine and have written articles for PokerNews, PartyPoker, and Poker Pro Europe.

I have a master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from Northeastern University, and am a licensed mental health counselor. Although, I'm not a professional poker player, I played professional golf and in college I won nine tournaments and was a 3-time All-American.

Testimonials:

“He has been such an enormous help to me. I now play virtually tilt-free and bring my A-game nearly every time I play.”
      — Dusty “Leatherass” Schmidt; PokerStrategy Coach

“I think I’ve been one of the most successful online players over the past five years, and there’s been no greater positive influence on my game than Jared and nothing else even comes close.”
      — Niman “Samoleus” Kenkre

“He teaches you things you simply can’t learn by playing.”
      — Ben “NeverScaredB” Wilinofsky; Winner of 2011 EPT Berlin

"Tilt? Jared Tendler extends his arm and causally flicks a middle finger at it."
      — Jon Young, Editor of WPT Magazine

“Jared doesn’t spout feel-good mumbo-jumbo; this isn’t patronizing psychobabble. Instead, he peels back your poker-playing layers to identify and address your specific issues.”
      —Jeremiah Smith, Host of Cash Plays

“Jared Tendler is a pioneer of the poker mental game. No one else even compares to his fact-based, scientific approach that is backed up by years of study in modern psychology.”
      — Hunter "BeachJustice" Bick

“Until Jared, the only advice I had heard about tilt, even from respected coaches, was ‘don’t do it.’ Now I’m winning almost 12bb/100 playing stakes as high as $50/$100 Heads Up NL.”
      — Liz “RikJamesB1atch” Herrera

“Jared invented the field as far as I’m concerned.”
      — Jesse May, Host of PartyPoker's The Poker Show

“I can honestly say that working with Jared is one of the best investments I’ve ever made.”
      — Matt “mbolt1” Bolt

“Jared is a genius when it comes to helping you both recognize and sys¬tematically rid yourself of the issues that are getting in the way of reaching your potential. I don’t know where I would be today without him.”
      — Danny "mirttinur" Steinberg

“I’ve met quite a few people in this field and no one has had the effect that Jared did.”
      — Sean Gibson, Poker News Daily

“Jared’s approach works very well because he doesn’t put a patch on the problem and instead changes the way you think, not just about poker but life in general.”
      — Pascal “Stake Monster” Tremblay

Coaching Overview

There are two primary goals of my coaching. First the obvious: prevent, manage, or eliminate entirely the mental game issues preventing you from playing your best. This is a list of the most common ones I help players improve:

• Tilt (In my program Tilt is defined as bad play caused only by anger. There are 7 types.)
      • Handling variance
      • Fear (Failure, Moving up in stakes, performance anxiety, etc.)
      • Low confidence and overconfidence (winner's tilt)
      • Procrastination/motivation issues
      • Increasing volume/hours
      • Poker & life balance

Once these, or other issues, are under control, the second goal is help you to actually improve the quality of your mental best: "the zone." Yes, the quality of your absolute best mentally can improve just as you’re able to improve your A-game technically. Being able to consistently be at your best, and have your best become better, requires that you can learn efficiently. This is the other side of my expertise. The clients who have advanced this far, gain an advantage by being able to learn a new line or play and unlearn old habits faster. Those methods also help them to eliminate future mental game problems quickly as well as increase volume (tables/hours).

Note: Sessions are most often done on skype so they can be recorded and reviewed by you as often as you want. Also, I’m not watching you play. We’re talking the whole time. Players sometimes wonder what we can talk about for an hour. These issues can be complex and so we're going into great detail, just as you would in dissecting your game.

Packages & Pricing

1 Hour Consultation

This is the best option if you want to try a session without committing to more up front. The hour session also includes 45-60 minutes of preparation on my end, by reviewing your questionnaire and preparing a rough plan.

This session costs: $425. Each additional session is: $275/hour. Or you can commit to a package below, and take advantage of the package savings. The cost of the package is still the same, just subtract 1 hour and $425 from the price. Essentially, you’ll get 3 additional sessions for $725 more; or 7 additional sessions for $1725.

Initial Commitment: $1150

For players looking to make solid progress in their mental game at a steady pace. Includes:
      • 4 hours of coaching. The hours are generally spread over 1-2 months, but it’s entirely flexible based on your progress, goals, desired pace of progress, variance, and schedule.
      • Sessions are 1 hour long.
      • Additional 2 hours of work on my part between sessions.
      • Email follow-ups to answer questions from previous sessions.
      • Save $100 compared to purchasing sessions individually.
      • Reduced pricing on additional sessions (see below)

Comprehensive Commitment: $2150

For players with a strong desire to realize their potential, resolve important issues in their game and/or want to work more intensively. Includes:
      • 8 hours of coaching.
      • Session length ranges from 90 to 30 minutes. First session is 90 minutes.
      • Additional 4 hours of work on my part between sessions.
      • Email follow-ups to answer questions from the last session.
      • Option for journal or blog review.
      • 10 minute consult required first. This package is a two sided commitment.
      • Save $200 compared to purchasing sessions individually.
      • Reduced pricing on additional sessions (see below)

An upfront commitment is no longer required after either package is completed. Then, additional session are:
      • $250 per hour
      • $200 for 45 minutes
      • $150 for 30 minutes

Post here or PM me if interested. Happy to answer any questions.
  • 3 replies
    • bankrollmanagment
      bankrollmanagment
      Bronze
      With prices like this it is really not for microstakes players to get this knowledge
    • JaredTendler
      JaredTendler
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by bankrollmanagment
      With prices like this it is really not for microstakes players to get this knowledge
      I totally understand that. One of the motivations behind writing my book - The Mental Game of Poker - was to give players who couldn't afford private coaching the next best thing for a fraction of the price.
    • icesindri
      icesindri
      Bronze
      I've been working with Jared since middle of November.

I had already read his book and I wanted to go deeper into it.

Before I started working with him, I thought I had little tilt issues,
      Because I always just thought that tilt=anger.

Then we've found out I had so many tilt problems that I didn't know off.

After I've started working with him my
      *My winrate has doubled (6max NL200)
      *I can play longer
      *I play my A-Game much more
      *I know when I'm playing my C game and I'm much quicker recovering from it.
      *I enjoy myself at the tables much more and there for my life is better

He's also a really fun and I can feel that he's really interested in helping me improve and that is something I think is really important for a coach.

I recommend him for everyone who is serious about fixing his mental game.