[NL2-NL10] NL2 Shorthanded flopping a set rivering quads

• tryhardnoob
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($4.76)
      BB ($3.78)
      UTG ($1.75)
      MP ($2.61)
      Button ($4.64)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5, 5
      UTG calls $0.02, MP bets $0.09, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.29) 8, 2, 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks

Turn: ($0.29) 10 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.21, 1 fold, MP calls $0.21

River: ($0.71) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, 1 fold

Total pot: $0.71

first off, im unsure if this is even a profitabl play preflop. A guy with big stack and who was kinda fishy was sitting to my left though so I decided to call and hope that he called aswell but he fold preflop :D . and board is dry flop so i expect preflop raiser to cbet a lot here so i check.

turn is kinda a mandetory bet i think and its fine. river I decided to overbet about 1.5 times pot cuz i think he might call with a PP, probably going for a 60% bet would be more good, he raise big PPs on flop i think now 2nd thought. what would you bet river veris?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello tryhardnoob,

I'd start to build up the pot even from flop. :) And most likely just bet all streets. But as played I don't really see many hands which pay you anyways if you even overbet there. I guess I'd go for smaller bet ~$0,50. But of course overall it ain't a huge mistake to play it this way on river while you expect the opponent being loose enough.

Best regards.