This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Shorthanded flopping a set rivering quads

• tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($4.76)
      BB ($3.78)
      UTG ($1.75)
      MP ($2.61)
      Button ($4.64)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5, 5
      UTG calls $0.02, MP bets $0.09, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.29) 8, 2, 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks

Turn: ($0.29) 10 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.21, 1 fold, MP calls $0.21

River: ($0.71) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, 1 fold

Total pot: $0.71

first off, im unsure if this is even a profitabl play preflop. A guy with big stack and who was kinda fishy was sitting to my left though so I decided to call and hope that he called aswell but he fold preflop :D . and board is dry flop so i expect preflop raiser to cbet a lot here so i check.

turn is kinda a mandetory bet i think and its fine. river I decided to overbet about 1.5 times pot cuz i think he might call with a PP, probably going for a 60% bet would be more good, he raise big PPs on flop i think now 2nd thought. what would you bet river veris?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tryhardnoob,

I'd start to build up the pot even from flop. :) And most likely just bet all streets. But as played I don't really see many hands which pay you anyways if you even overbet there. I guess I'd go for smaller bet ~$0,50. But of course overall it ain't a huge mistake to play it this way on river while you expect the opponent being loose enough.

Best regards.